propecia used!

hairdude83

Hi Guys, I finally started on Propecia since two weeks n plus taking hair script tablet saw palmetto) .

Now I been taking for two weeks, how long does it take to see the effect? I been sheeding more hair now, how long will it take to grow that hair back sheded hair? if i stop propecia will i loose my new hair?

So far no side effects! when can side effects kick in? So far staying on positive thinking (dont think about side effects) !

Please advise.

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

Results will vary but suffice to say it's going to at the least take 3-6 months. If you want to measure any progress, you're better off to document with pics every month or possibly bi-monthly.

Any shed caused by Fin, or any shed at all (which is normal), is merely the hair going into its 6 week - 2 month resting phase, then it grows back. At any given time, there's normally 10-15% of the hair on your head that is in the resting phase.

Any hair you keep or gain from Fin will be lost if you stop, so, it is really a long term commitment.

Not sure on the sides, but I believe those that experience them usually find out pretty quick..............like within the first week or two. I personally didn't experience any.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I've been on Propecia for about 7 weeks now and within the first month I noticed a big difference. No I didn't wake up and have a full head of hear, but the amount that was coming out was greatly reduced. I've got long hair and it's pretty damn easy and disconcerting to see a large amount in the drain of the shower, but now it's a few hairs and nothing more. I'm hoping it'll regrow the hair that's gone missing, and having seen such noticable results, frankly I could kick myself for not staying on it 5 years ago after my first (and only to date) transplant. Oh and no adverse side effects to speak of. Aside from wanting to kick myself that is. lol