Are my fears normal?

Hairdini,

You are correct I am in my mid 30's. I'm doing my procedure wit Dr. Keene. I am fortunate with my hair loss up to this point in my life. In fact, up until a few weeks ago I had never even taken any hair loss drugs. If I follow my fathers hair loss I will simply just have a high hair line. Both of my grandfathers also have a good head of hair.

I'm not so sure about the dense packing of 50 - 55cm2. Dr. Keene measured my healthy hair at about 35cm2. She has recommended doing the hair line with the same amount of hair per cm2. To me this would seem to provide a more natural transition to the rest of my head. My hair does have a lot of volume so maybe 35 cm2 on me will appear much fuller than 35cm2 on someone with less volume in hteir hair. I would be afraid with dense packing that maybe it wouldn't look natural. I guess if I want it thicker I can always add more later.

Dr. Keene does good work, let me know how things go for you.

I'm puzzled by the comment at your native hair being 35cm2. The only way I think native hair could be that thin would be for some diffused thinning to take place icon_confused.gif? MOST native hair prior to loss is anywhere from 85-95cm2. Your pic which seems to show the hair wet just depicts loss in the very front........do you have some thinning on top? If not, you may want to pose this question again just to be sure. For reference, take a look at my blog. Dr. Wong said he gave me coverage in the crown at around 40cm2.........HT #1 was a fill in at likely 15-20cm2 but I seem to have retained hairs there and Fin has helped. I'd estimate I have 35-40cm@ all over and you look a lot thicker than I. If anything, you'll want to go from thick to thin (front to back), not thin to thick, make sense? Just following common logic for coverage in most HT's from results posted.

In the end, she's the Doc and you need to do what you're comfortable with. I would suggest you might want to review the density. You're really in a great position to have great results. Another thing.............I've NEVER heard a post-HT patient say "gee, they gave me too much density, it just doesn't look natural" icon_wink.gif!

My comments are meant to help and are coming from a brother whose been there (twice icon_razz.gif).

Hope this helps,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairdini,

I just had my HT 10 days ago. You can see my pics in photo album under Dr. Rahal. I recieved 70cm2 at the hairline and then it decreases to 40cm2 behind it. I recieved a total of 3500 grafts. Now, I am even wondering if I should have recieved more grafts. I guess its hairgreed!

In my opinion, I think if anyone goes too thin there is a greater chance for an unnatural look. It will look sparse and Im not sure how 35cm2 at the hairline will look. Most HT docs will go for a high density hairline and less behind it. It creates an illusion of a full head of hair. I can also see how an ultra thick hairline can look unnatural but I think in that case it would have to be a poor hairline design (straight across, too low, not mature hairline -depending on age, temples round, etc.). There are a lot more factors than just the density for an unnatural look. Dr. Keene is excellent with hairlines and you won't have to worry about that part. If you get good density you can make this HT a one time shot and not need to go back again in the future. Some people's natural density is about 95cm2. From looking at your pictures you are a great candidate to have awesome results from a HT.

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs