Rogain irritation. worth it?

Hoping

Folks, I'm an older guy, about 51 now. Had an HT for front 1/3 with Doctor Epstein. I take Propecia once every other day. My hair on top and the crown still is thinning slowly. Looks like I may need another HT, but I started taking Rogain to see if that would help, and I was reminded how irritating it is to the scalp. Its almost not worth it. What do you guys do who use Rogain to stop the irritation. Thanks.

Folks, I'm an older guy, about 51 now. Had an HT for front 1/3 with Doctor Epstein. I take Propecia once every other day. My hair on top and the crown still is thinning slowly. Looks like I may need another HT, but I started taking Rogain to see if that would help, and I was reminded how irritating it is to the scalp. Its almost not worth it. What do you guys do who use Rogain to stop the irritation. Thanks.

Hi Hoping,

I'm 52 years old. I hated Rogaine, but after my HT last month I agreed to take it. I also resisted taking Propecia, but began taking it every 3rd day a month before my HT. I've since kicked it up to almost every other day since I seem to have no side effects.

Anyway, a few days after the HT I began to use Rogaine foam. My doctor indicated to me that the foam does not contain the irritating ingredients that the other liquids have.

I use it all over my HT area, and will continue to do that for at least 3 or 4 months, then I'll have to see.

However, once I learned how to use the foam, I liked it. It helps to be in a cool or even cold room, because the foam stays foamy longer, and as the directions state do run your applicating hand under cold water and dry off. It really helps! The foam holds its form until after its on your head, and you can lightly rub it in.

At this point i think it likely that I'll continue using it on top and crown, at least unless it becomes too troublesome when my hair is longer. The big question is whether I'll still use it on my hairline.

I realize that technically its not supposed to work on the hairline, but I used the 2% solution nearly 20 years ago and got some frontal growth, but didn't continue it.

Furthermore, much of my hairline hair is bald resistant and may react differently than the native hair. Who knows?

Anyway, I give the foam a thumbs up.

mark h