FEMALE HAIR TRANSPLANT-DR JEFFREY EPSTEIN

Hey Everybody...I registered some weeks back on the hair transplant network...Today I am here to share my experience..This especially goes out to all the women ..I know its difficult for women to share their experiences and pictures..but hey we need to rite...tats the least we can do for women looking for hair loss solutions.

I am a 27 years old and first noticed thinning at 21 after the birth of my children.The hair that I lost after my C sections never came back.Last year the frontal area became so thin that I decided to look for options and started looking at Hair Transplants.Before I did that I got my blood work done to rule out any other possibilities of hair loss and everything came out clean.Initially I was using 2 % minoxidal but that did'nt help much either.Finally I started consulting various Hair Transplant surgeons.Some in person,some over emails with pictures and finally I found my doctor,Dr Jeffrey Epstein.I decided to go with Dr Epstein for various reasons.Firstly because he has such an enormous experience working with female patients.I corresponded with a few of his patients and they had nothing but positive things to say about him.Also Dr Epstein personally replies to every email and every single concern.I finally scheduled a consultation/procedure with Dr Epstein last week.AND TODAY I AM 4 DAYS POST UP.All I have to say is everything went well.I would love to talk about every small detail and share pictures as well but I need a little time for that.I've just got back and with two kids its a little difficult.But if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and as for my experience and progress I will get back here soon.seeya!

Hey Everybody...I registered some weeks back on the hair transplant network...Today I am here to share my experience..This especially goes out to all the women ..I know its difficult for women to share their experiences and pictures..but hey we need to rite...tats the least we can do for women looking for hair loss solutions.

I am a 27 years old and first noticed thinning at 21 after the birth of my children.The hair that I lost after my C sections never came back.Last year the frontal area became so thin that I decided to look for options and started looking at Hair Transplants.Before I did that I got my blood work done to rule out any other possibilities of hair loss and everything came out clean.Initially I was using 2 % minoxidal but that did'nt help much either.Finally I started consulting various Hair Transplant surgeons.Some in person,some over emails with pictures and finally I found my doctor,Dr Jeffrey Epstein.I decided to go with Dr Epstein for various reasons.Firstly because he has such an enormous experience working with female patients.I corresponded with a few of his patients and they had nothing but positive things to say about him.Also Dr Epstein personally replies to every email and every single concern.I finally scheduled a consultation/procedure with Dr Epstein last week.AND TODAY I AM 4 DAYS POST UP.All I have to say is everything went well.I would love to talk about every small detail and share pictures as well but I need a little time for that.I've just got back and with two kids its a little difficult.But if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and as for my experience and progress I will get back here soon.seeya!

Mrs. Hair..Hi I was at the clinic just days before you, having my HT with Dr Epstein. Super guy, straight shooter, did a great job so far. I know it is hard for women to lose their hair, I think more than men. But I suffered too..loss of self esteem, self consciousness etc. Very proud of what I did, and of your move as well. CONGRATS to you in a big way..MikeSf

Mrs. Hair,

Congratulations on your recent surgery with Dr. Epstein and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I hope you'll share your before and postoperative photos and keep us updated on your progress monthly. It's a great way to garner support and encouragement from members and help others make a decision that is right for them.

Get some rest these next couple days.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Mikesf!

Looks like we just missed each other.lol.Congratulations to you as well and now I guess the waiting game begins but I am sure it will be worth it.Hope you'll keep in touch..

Hello Bill..I will definately put up some pics later this week..Thankyou for all your help and support..

Hi Mrs Hair,

I too am female and am considering a HT. I was hoping you could answer a few questions I have.

How many grafts did you have?

Did you existing hair cover the donor strip?

Did you travel for your HT? If so, did you experience any problems flying?

How has recovery been so far?

thanks for your replies.

PJT

Guest wanthairs

i paid 10,000 even for 2802 grafts and yes he does it himself. Well, he takes the strip out and makes all the recipient sites and the techs do the implanting.

Originally posted by hair_help:

Hi Mrs Hair,

I too am female and am considering a HT. I was hoping you could answer a few questions I have.

How many grafts did you have?

Did you existing hair cover the donor strip?

Did you travel for your HT? If so, did you experience any problems flying?

How has recovery been so far?

thanks for your replies.

PJT

Hello hair_help!I am more than glad to answer your questions.I had 2342 grafts which can be considered more for a women but it was concentrated only in a small recepient area so as to create maximum density with minimum shock loss.My existing hair do cover up my donor strip and it is not noticible at all.I did travel down to Miami and had absolutely no problems flying which was on the third day itself.Recovery has been great.Yes definately a little soreness and a little swelling but nothing unbearable.Have a look at Dr Epstein's website and go thrugh the photo gallery for women.Let me know if you have any more concerns I could help with.

Originally posted by cottonnc:

just out of curiosity. What does Dr. Epstein charge and does he do all his own procedures ?

Hello cottonnc

Dr Epstein performs the surgery and prepares the recepient sites and his assitants do the implanting.I paid 9000 for 2300 grafts which I think is reasonable and we planned a few more hundred grafts but since my strip did'nt yield that many I was reimbursed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mrs. Hair,

I had my procedure yesterday. All went well, Dr. E and his staff was wonderful. Unfortunately, I've lost a graft..not sure how that's going to affect the overall appearance of my hair, but I have to be extremely careful for the next few days. Also, I feel that I look balder than I did before (I have frontal balding). Did you experience any of this, would you say it seemed as though you had more hair before the procedure. Do you think I could be experiencing shock loss so soon?

Thanks for your replies.

Hey Mrs Hair,

Bummer we missed each other....would have taken you to uhhhhh....well SUBWAY..blah, or something nearby. Hahhah...LOL. But, next time. Anyway, keep me informed of all and good developments. All my best

hair_help,

Losing a graft is upsetting when it happens, but one out of the several thousand isn't going to make a major impact - in fact, you won't even miss it after the result comes in.

Just be careful in the first 10 days not to be too rough with the transplanted hair, and you will be fine.

Because this is Mrs. Hair's thread, I recommend starting your own to share your experience and photos with us.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by hair_help12:

Hi Mrs. Hair,

I had my procedure yesterday. All went well, Dr. E and his staff was wonderful. Unfortunately, I've lost a graft..not sure how that's going to affect the overall appearance of my hair, but I have to be extremely careful for the next few days. Also, I feel that I look balder than I did before (I have frontal balding). Did you experience any of this, would you say it seemed as though you had more hair before the procedure. Do you think I could be experiencing shock loss so soon?

Thanks for your replies.

Hello hair_help..Congratulations on your HT.And dont worry about the graft you lost.Bill is rite you wont miss it :-).Well I guess more than bald its just that we become very conscious about the whole thing plus the hair is constantly wet due to the graft cyte.probably that why u feel it looks thinner.How many grafts did you have?I am in the "shock loss" period or so I believe.Most of my scabs have come off..some with tiny little hair.I was told this is normal.we just have to hang it and wait!

Originally posted by MikeSf:

Hey Mrs Hair,

Bummer we missed each other....would have taken you to uhhhhh....well SUBWAY..blah, or something nearby. Hahhah...LOL. But, next time. Anyway, keep me informed of all and good developments. All my best

ohhh..subway did sound good:-).so how are the scabs doing?I am losing the scabs withtiny little hair on them.How abt you?

Pretty good. Mostly all gone...noone can really tell anything except for the little hairs that are on the crown. I suppose those will fall out soon for awhile, at least from what everyone has told me. HEaling is going great. Some soreness on the donor site, but nothing to complain about. I was kind of freaked to do it, but in the end, it was quite easy, and though I had to travel that was also easy. Stay in touch, and let me know if you have any further qs or want to chat. Best, MikeSF

Mrs. Hair,

Doctor E and his staff were great. I'm in the awkward stage right now and I don't have enough hair to cover the scabs (I had frontal balding) so I'll be wearing a hairpiece until I see some growth. Also, my donor only yielded 1790 grafts versus the 2000 I was scheduled to received. I'm still afraid to wash the hair.. I haven't washed yet, maybe on day five (tomorrow) I'll wash. Keep us posted on your progress

Oh so you know, I recreated my username because I forgot my password. I'm now pjt versus hair_help.

I have another question for Mrs.Hair: Did you get dense packing? I didn't so I'll probably need to go back for a second procedure.

Hi again pjt/hair help,

My hair was thinning over the frontal top part of my head.Dr Epstein used a small recepient are so as to create a denser look with minimum shock loss.I will post of pre op pictures soon.I too was very scared about washing my hair just be gentle and it will be fine.Take care and keep in touch.

I am three weeks post op.Most of the scabs have fallen off.I was a little worried earlier coz the scabs came out with tiny little hair.This seems to be the shedding phase and is thought to be normal.My concern is when the scabs are rubbed off especially when the hair is dry are there any chances that we might be damaging the grafts and lost them.Bill has been great!!

I totally can understand your concern. Would you consider wearing a hairpiece or something like that so you feel more comfortable. Hard to think for the future, but I know it is going to look great. I am experiencing some shedding, and my head is still somewhat sore at the donor site/strip. Had the absorbable ones, and three weeks out, there are still quite a few stitches. No big deal just is what it is.xo

In addition to the fear of washing, I also have slight swelling in my forehead and a little swelling in the eyes. I've already had shock loss but hopefully the transplants will compensate for the loss.

I will be seeing my endo doc this week to be put on flutamide to hopefully prevent any future hair loss. My hairloss is hormonal.

Hey Mike..No I dont think i would be comfortable wearing a hair piece..a wide hairband shud solve the problem.But I am not really worried abt this phase.what concerns me is I hope while rubbing off the scabs I have'nt damaged the graft.While Billeors has assured me that at 2 weeks the follicle is deeply rooted and has to be removed surgically..But u know at this stage every hair counts :-).Oh and yes..My donor area is sore toothink we shud give it a few more days.

Hello hair help..

swelling is normal and it dissapeard completely by the 7th day..gawd i did look funny :-)Wat is flutamide?

Hi Mrs Hair,

I just responded to you privately but I thought I'd reassure you publicly as well.

At 2 weeks, the follicles are deeply rooted and would have to be surgically removed. You are beyond the need to worry about losing a graft. Scab removal should still be done carefully to maximize the healing process.

You may consider using this chart as a guide for scab removal.

Postoperative Washing and Scab Removal

Best wishes,

Bill