GROWTH AT FIVE WEEKS

EDDIED

HI EVERY BODY LAST TIME I POSTED I WAS CONCERNED WITH LOOSING A COUPLE OF GRAFTS.NOW I AM AWE STRUCK AT THE AMOUNT OF GROWTH I SEE AT 5 WEEKS.I KNOW YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SEE ANY GROWTH UNTILL ABOUT THE 3-4 MONTH PERIOD, BUT THE HAIRS ARE GROWING. AFTER MY HT.MOST OF THE TRANSPLANTED HAIRS FELL OUT WITH THE SCABS. I WAS SCAB FREE AT 1 WEEK.I AM NOW AT THE 5 WEEK MARK AND I SEE ALOT OF NEW GROWTH COMING IN. I HAVE BEEN ON PROPECIA AND MINOX. FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND USING IT 3 TIMES A DAY.I ALSO TAKE CERTAIN VITAMANS THAT THE DOCTOR HAD GIVEN ME.I KNOW IT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE, BUT IT IS REALLY WHAT IT IS-- NEW HAIR FROM THE SCALP! IM HAPPY AS CAN BE AND CANT WAIT TILL THEY ALL COME IN. HAS ANYBODY HAD GROWTH THIS EARLY? PLEASE POST AND LET US KNOW.I QUESS I JUST HEAL QUICKLY AND MY HAIR GROWS FAST BUT WHAT EVER IT IS IM SURE HAPPY ABOUT IT. SIGNING OFF, ED

eddie

HI EVERY BODY LAST TIME I POSTED I WAS CONCERNED WITH LOOSING A COUPLE OF GRAFTS.NOW I AM AWE STRUCK AT THE AMOUNT OF GROWTH I SEE AT 5 WEEKS.I KNOW YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SEE ANY GROWTH UNTILL ABOUT THE 3-4 MONTH PERIOD, BUT THE HAIRS ARE GROWING. AFTER MY HT.MOST OF THE TRANSPLANTED HAIRS FELL OUT WITH THE SCABS. I WAS SCAB FREE AT 1 WEEK.I AM NOW AT THE 5 WEEK MARK AND I SEE ALOT OF NEW GROWTH COMING IN. I HAVE BEEN ON PROPECIA AND MINOX. FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND USING IT 3 TIMES A DAY.I ALSO TAKE CERTAIN VITAMANS THAT THE DOCTOR HAD GIVEN ME.I KNOW IT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE, BUT IT IS REALLY WHAT IT IS-- NEW HAIR FROM THE SCALP! IM HAPPY AS CAN BE AND CANT WAIT TILL THEY ALL COME IN. HAS ANYBODY HAD GROWTH THIS EARLY? PLEASE POST AND LET US KNOW.I QUESS I JUST HEAL QUICKLY AND MY HAIR GROWS FAST BUT WHAT EVER IT IS IM SURE HAPPY ABOUT IT. SIGNING OFF, ED

eddie

Guest Clint

I'm at exactly the 3 month period and I too started growing new hair at 5 weeks. It's been 12 weeks now and new hairs (2000 grafts) are popping out all the time and the original hair that started growing at 5 weeks is really starting to thicken. It's great icon_smile.gif

Guest Clint

Not at all. At first ishaved my head with a #2 clipper and now I sahve it at a #3. The only people who noticed where the ones I told and that's after I point it out to them.

I have written a few times a couple of weeks ago. I have seen a few new hairs growing but was concerned a little bit. I have just gotten home from a trip and went and looked in the mirror tonight. When inspecting myself up close I see quite a lot of what looks like dark spots on my scalp. To me it looks like hairs just barely starting to pop out. i see them quite a bit. So am getting excited. Did anyone else see this when the hair started growing in? It kind of looks like small little dark dots.Thought maybe it was some dirt or something but it won't rub off. So, what do ya think?

Guest Clint

Yes, I seem to notice that also. It seems to happen in differnet areas but everytime it does, hair starts to grow there within a few days. I think the dark spot is the hair growing under the skin just before it pops through.

• 1 month later...

And hair are popping up all over.

At first I could not see them very well, but now its clear that those are regrows.

FYI no post OP medication at all.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Guest Clint

My doctor just gave me the Graftcyte spray. Besides that I just take regular multivitamin pills from GNC (Mega Man) and apply regular body cream (CVS brand) with Aloe Vera to my head twice per day. That's it...no special shampoos or anything. I don't think all that stuff makes a difference...if people with a full head of hair don't use it then why would it work for us? Plus, I take Proscar just to help keep the hair I have.

Im 21 and I just had a HT. Today its been 2 1/2 weeks since i had it done. All scabs are gone, but I have seen little thick hairs (donor hairs) falling out?

I have to admit that I didnt do much research into the surgery. When i gently run my hands over my head it feels like I just recently had my head shaved. Are the hairs that I am feeling the only hairs that will PHYSICALLY be seen, or are there other transplanted hairs that will not be seen until a few months?

Sorry if I sound confused

Some of your transplanted hairs probably fell out with the scabs, so the ones you can still feel are not the only ones you will have. Most of the rest of the transplanted hairs will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery.