MONEY MONEY MONEY $$$

Howday all,

sorry but still no pics icon_frown.gif. But dey's be a-comin, I promise. But I want to know-- what's a realistic estimate of the cost?? I'm not too bad, about like Tom Green except with a higher forehead and thinner top coverage (though not so thin that you can see thru it from all angles).

I read $6 per graft is about right. I'm thinking that the whole shebang may set me back like ten, maybe fifteen grand. Damn. More expensive than I thought. Any thoughts of your own?

Howday all,

sorry but still no pics icon_frown.gif. But dey's be a-comin, I promise. But I want to know-- what's a realistic estimate of the cost?? I'm not too bad, about like Tom Green except with a higher forehead and thinner top coverage (though not so thin that you can see thru it from all angles).

I read $6 per graft is about right. I'm thinking that the whole shebang may set me back like ten, maybe fifteen grand. Damn. More expensive than I thought. Any thoughts of your own?

Good way to estimate cost:

Take your Norwood level, multiply by 1000. Thats the ballpark amount of grafts you need.

Charge $5 for the first 2000 grafts, $2.50 per graft thereafter.

There's your estimate. =)

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Cost is an important criteria for any major purchase. My #1 priority would be the surgeon. Next would be the personal priorities:

1. Realisitc Expectations & Goals- Will I need another procedure down the road? Will I make the long term commitment of taking Finasteride?

2. Short term - when to have procedure, post op care, etc....

Back to my #1 Priority:

Knowledge is power and your best ally for a successful surgical result will be to do your own due diligence researching resources. This website is an incredible resource! One can easily find 5 top coalition physicians and select the one that best meet their needs.

For me, it was easier than I thought. Following my consult with a coalition surgeon, I was ready to book the case.

Of course $$$$$$$$ is important. My surgery averaged about $3.26/graft which for me was the best of both worlds. Great surgeon, great value!

I am only 9 days post op, but so far it's been smooth sailing (a little itching and pulling) at the donor site. From what I have gathered on this website, the healing process is a long journey.

MrAnhedonia,

Welcome to our communithy.

Our members have given you some excellent advice already.

Cost is an important factor to consider but in my opinion, it should be the last. Finding a quality hair transplant physician who has a proven track record of providing positive patient results is extremely important. As KulMD pointed out as well, developing realistic expectations and goals is an important factor and this can be discussed with your physician. I do not recommend undergiong hair transplant surgery until you are comfortable with the long term hair restoration plan that has been laid out for you.

Hair transplant costs vary between hair transplant clinics but EmuSteve gave you a good starting point.,

See also more information on hair transplant costs.

Best wishes,

Bill