Question on HT growth!

zerro

I was hoping someone could help me out. Does all HT hair begin to grow as terminal hair or does some look almost like vellus hair.

It's obvious to me when I see a dark hair pop through the skin but, I have a lot of light hair at the front/mid part of my scalp (where the HT was done) that I didn't have before. And, if this is part of the HT, I'm pretty pumped because there is a lot of it.

I know what vellus hair looks like (colorless peach fuss,) and this isn't peach fuss because it is longer and has the slightest bit of color right now. I know it is growing in length, too. Although, I do have dark blonde hair so I don't expect the Ht to come in black but this new hair is lighter in color than my existing hair.

Could this be vellus hair responding to propecia after 90 days, or is this my HT? And, if it is my HT, why the difference in the two types of growth? Also, if I happen to see significant results from propecia, does the vellus hair, that responds, become terminal?

Any veterens have a take on this, please. I checked out past forums and didn't find any conviencing results. Answers went both ways.

Thanks zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

I was hoping someone could help me out. Does all HT hair begin to grow as terminal hair or does some look almost like vellus hair.

It's obvious to me when I see a dark hair pop through the skin but, I have a lot of light hair at the front/mid part of my scalp (where the HT was done) that I didn't have before. And, if this is part of the HT, I'm pretty pumped because there is a lot of it.

I know what vellus hair looks like (colorless peach fuss,) and this isn't peach fuss because it is longer and has the slightest bit of color right now. I know it is growing in length, too. Although, I do have dark blonde hair so I don't expect the Ht to come in black but this new hair is lighter in color than my existing hair.

Could this be vellus hair responding to propecia after 90 days, or is this my HT? And, if it is my HT, why the difference in the two types of growth? Also, if I happen to see significant results from propecia, does the vellus hair, that responds, become terminal?

Any veterens have a take on this, please. I checked out past forums and didn't find any conviencing results. Answers went both ways.

Thanks zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

zerro,

Hair growing in will be light in color, but will quickly gain its terminal characteristics; perhaps when it has grown to be around a 1/2 inch. I am fairly confident that what you are seeing appear is your transplanted hairs poking through.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog