2nd Procedure -- 3/19/07 -- Dr. True -- 1156 FU

L'Anonyme

Just so my update doesn't get lost in my other thread, I'm starting this new one as well. It's been a while since I've posted, but on March 19, 2007, approximately 10 months after my first procedure with Dr. True, I went back in to have him do my second procedure, which yielded an additional 1156 FU's (736 1's, 420 2's = 1576 hairs). [My first procedure and all photographs can be found easily by searching "1150 grafts", and I've had a few comments there about the second procedure already from _hairbank_.] The initial 1150 didn't produce the density I was hoping for, and several hundred of them didn't appear to grow at all, so I received 200 grafts this time for free. Needless to say, I was hoping for much greater than about an 80% yield for the first pass, but the central portion of the hairline, and especially the right side, were much sparser than I would've expected after examining photos of the first group of recipient sites. In fact, I would characterize the result on the right side of the hairline as pretty pathetic, and it was very densely packed this time around. The right side of my scar also didn't turn out too well (a subcutaneous stitch came to the surface and I had to remove it myself about a month after the stitch removal proper), but the entire scar was excised and the problematic portion revised during this second pass. I also had 10 or so 2-hair grafts turn up in the frontal hairline, and they needed to be FUE'd out and placed further back where they belonged. All of these problems arose as the first tranplant began to mature, but Dr. True has been very responsive to all of my concerns thus far, so I'm hoping for much better final results that match some of his most impressive work on patients with a similar hair/skin contrast as mine. I'll try to keep everyone updated as things develop.

Just so my update doesn't get lost in my other thread, I'm starting this new one as well. It's been a while since I've posted, but on March 19, 2007, approximately 10 months after my first procedure with Dr. True, I went back in to have him do my second procedure, which yielded an additional 1156 FU's (736 1's, 420 2's = 1576 hairs). [My first procedure and all photographs can be found easily by searching "1150 grafts", and I've had a few comments there about the second procedure already from _hairbank_.] The initial 1150 didn't produce the density I was hoping for, and several hundred of them didn't appear to grow at all, so I received 200 grafts this time for free. Needless to say, I was hoping for much greater than about an 80% yield for the first pass, but the central portion of the hairline, and especially the right side, were much sparser than I would've expected after examining photos of the first group of recipient sites. In fact, I would characterize the result on the right side of the hairline as pretty pathetic, and it was very densely packed this time around. The right side of my scar also didn't turn out too well (a subcutaneous stitch came to the surface and I had to remove it myself about a month after the stitch removal proper), but the entire scar was excised and the problematic portion revised during this second pass. I also had 10 or so 2-hair grafts turn up in the frontal hairline, and they needed to be FUE'd out and placed further back where they belonged. All of these problems arose as the first tranplant began to mature, but Dr. True has been very responsive to all of my concerns thus far, so I'm hoping for much better final results that match some of his most impressive work on patients with a similar hair/skin contrast as mine. I'll try to keep everyone updated as things develop.

Sounds good

I just missed you as I had my 3rd with Dr. True on Tuesday. I yielded 2124 and my scalp exercises are a big reason why!! Good to hear he addressed your issues but I would expect nothing less as they are top notch professionals. Good luck on the 2nd!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Well, no, it doesn't all sound good, but I'm glad your procedure went well. I just wish you'd post some pictures since you seem to turn up in *every* Dr. True thread to reiterate how great the clinic is....

Hi L

Sorry buddy, no pics.. I hope you respect my privacy although I can certainly appreciate everyone wanting them.. I did provide abreakdown of graft count on my other post.. I'm confused, you said he addressed your concerns but it's not good? Keep in mind there is always a risk with surgery.. I have a bit of scar tissue which was removed as well, due to the fact I did not clean the donor area good enough ( I used the sponge not my fingers and I think it was too soft to removed the crusts).. 1100 grafts is not going to give you broad coverage either.. This is my 3rd HT and I was abit disappointed after my first because it was only a foundation for the treatment.. The 2nd proved to be a huge improvement and the 3rd should be great with 2124

Your pics are hard to judge due to the poor lighting

I wish you luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!