Results from Griffin Center in Atlanta

Darian

Well, let me give you a quick summary of my recent experiences with HT in the Atlanta area. Well, to start off, I just received my 2nd hair transplant from Dr. Griffin on August 22nd. Before mentioning that experience, I must comment on my first experience with Hair Club for Men in Atlanta.

I started the whole search for hair transplants a few years back and really didn't know much about it. Well unfortunately my first stop was at Hair Club for Men and I just wanted to go in there to see what it was all about. When I get there, it had a "car dealership" feel to it, meaning a lot of pressure and marketing. They basically put the screw on you to make an appointment with them and I'm one of those gullible type of guys who basically went along with it. Heck, what did I know at the time? All I knew was I was balding and wanted a procedure rather quick. Well, I had my first HT in November of 2006 by HCM and the end results I thought came out well. But some of the negatives was I was awake for the entire 11 hour procedure and I had a lot of swelling 3 days later. It really didn't seem like they had much care in the way they did things. They were more interested in getting their money and trying to sell their products and other very costly post-op services. And once they got all their money, they didn't contact or have anything to do with you. Very impersonal I found.

Anyway, now to Dr. Griffin. For my second procedures, I researched a bunch. I went to a few other places like HRS, but they didn't seem like they had much personal touch to them. It was more like how many people they can get in there and get out. Well I had some good recommendations concerning Dr. Griffin, so I went for a consultation back in September of 2007. They took a lot of time talking with me, taking pictures, and even Dr. Griffin came in and talked for a little bit about his recommendations. They seemed like they really cared about getting you the results you want, not trying to get into your wallet. There was absolutely no pressure at all with my initial consultation. Well, I kept all their paperwork and due to the fact they are a little on the high side concerning their prices, I put it on hold for a little bit until I could get the money. Well, they sent me a thank you letter for coming in to see them which impressed me, and then back in May, they sent me another letter and a coupon for $500 off a procedure, so I decided I would go for it.

The experience was a very good one. The surgery lasted about 5 hours and I was under local anesthetics, so I don't remember anything about the surgery (thank goodness), and really don't remember much of the entire rest of the day. There was no pain whatsoever and absolutely no swelling either. It has now been a week and a half and other than the typical numbness in the back of my head, everything looks really good and it is healing so much better than my first HT. They also included 10 free sessions under the new Red Light Laser technology to help with the healing and growth process.

I will keep everyone updated on how it progresses, but if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Darian

Well, let me give you a quick summary of my recent experiences with HT in the Atlanta area. Well, to start off, I just received my 2nd hair transplant from Dr. Griffin on August 22nd. Before mentioning that experience, I must comment on my first experience with Hair Club for Men in Atlanta.

I started the whole search for hair transplants a few years back and really didn't know much about it. Well unfortunately my first stop was at Hair Club for Men and I just wanted to go in there to see what it was all about. When I get there, it had a "car dealership" feel to it, meaning a lot of pressure and marketing. They basically put the screw on you to make an appointment with them and I'm one of those gullible type of guys who basically went along with it. Heck, what did I know at the time? All I knew was I was balding and wanted a procedure rather quick. Well, I had my first HT in November of 2006 by HCM and the end results I thought came out well. But some of the negatives was I was awake for the entire 11 hour procedure and I had a lot of swelling 3 days later. It really didn't seem like they had much care in the way they did things. They were more interested in getting their money and trying to sell their products and other very costly post-op services. And once they got all their money, they didn't contact or have anything to do with you. Very impersonal I found.

Anyway, now to Dr. Griffin. For my second procedures, I researched a bunch. I went to a few other places like HRS, but they didn't seem like they had much personal touch to them. It was more like how many people they can get in there and get out. Well I had some good recommendations concerning Dr. Griffin, so I went for a consultation back in September of 2007. They took a lot of time talking with me, taking pictures, and even Dr. Griffin came in and talked for a little bit about his recommendations. They seemed like they really cared about getting you the results you want, not trying to get into your wallet. There was absolutely no pressure at all with my initial consultation. Well, I kept all their paperwork and due to the fact they are a little on the high side concerning their prices, I put it on hold for a little bit until I could get the money. Well, they sent me a thank you letter for coming in to see them which impressed me, and then back in May, they sent me another letter and a coupon for $500 off a procedure, so I decided I would go for it.

The experience was a very good one. The surgery lasted about 5 hours and I was under local anesthetics, so I don't remember anything about the surgery (thank goodness), and really don't remember much of the entire rest of the day. There was no pain whatsoever and absolutely no swelling either. It has now been a week and a half and other than the typical numbness in the back of my head, everything looks really good and it is healing so much better than my first HT. They also included 10 free sessions under the new Red Light Laser technology to help with the healing and growth process.

I will keep everyone updated on how it progresses, but if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Darian

Congrats and best of luck!

Local anesthesia -- so you were out cold or you were just so doped up you don't remember anything? icon_smile.gif I thought "general anesthesia" was being actually KO'd and put to sleep, and local was just like drinking a dozen brews....

Either way, as Bill said, def do a weblog and/or post some pics when you can; I was really hesitant at first, but once you do the first few you realize what a facile process it is and it becomes something of a habit.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Congrats Darian,

I hope you post some pics. I consulted with Dr. Griffin as well, and found his office to be just as you described.

I'm located right up north of Atlanta, about 40 miles from Dr. Griffin.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Local anesthesia -- so you were out cold or you were just so doped up you don't remember anything? icon_smile.gif I thought "general anesthesia" was being actually KO'd and put to sleep, and local was just like drinking a dozen brews....

I guess you can say I was so doped up I don't remember anything. It wasn't general because everyone there said I was still awake and stuff, but whatever they provided to me really did the job so I didn't have to remember anything. I don't even remember walking to my parent's vehicle in the parking lot or the drive back to my house.

I'll try to start a web blog and put some pictures up on my progress.

• 4 weeks later...