Shampoo Question

I had my procedure done on July 29th, and I am very near to 6 weeks post op. Currently, I am using Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times a week, as recommended by Dr Tessler. I've been on Propecia since the HT and on rogaine for about 2 weeks. Which shampoo should I use on the days that I use Nizoral. Dr. Tessler said I can use any shampoo now. I have been using Free and Clear Shampoo because it doesnt contain many chemicals. I was thinking of Vive for Men or the Rogaine Shampoo. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use that would be best for my hair? Also, should one shampoo daily? I've heard before taht shampooing daily can damage hair? Thanks, any feedback would be great.

Hi

the Vive stuff is a good thickening shampoo. I rotate that and Revivogen which is good too.. I heard you shouldn't wash your hair too much either

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi

I shampoo about every other day but I don't really stick to a schedule. I use Propecia, nizoral,and thickening shampoo on occasion. Revivogen too but I don't think it helps hairloss, it's just a good shampoo

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 years later...

There's been a lot of misconception about shampooing daily and how it contributes to hairloss. The truth is, daily shampooing actually removes excess sebum and impurities that clog the scalp, thus contributing to hairloss. I shampoo twice daily, once in the morning when I get out of bed and another one just an hour before hitting the sack. Do I have hairloss? Not at all. A clean scalp in my opinion is a healthy scalp. I'm in my 30s but no hairloss. Important thing though is I choose my shampoo carefully. I use only japanese imported shampoo and I believe they are gentler and more effective than other shampoos. Try using Kaminomoto shampoo. It's medicated. It's not cheap but you can get it online. But do search around for the best deals and beware of some websites that offer free worldwide shipping. Their prices are a total rip off.

xantophyll,

Poor scalp conditions overall (such as dermatitis) may contribute to other hair loss conditions such as telogen effluvium, but shampooing daily or not does not contribute to hereditary or genetic hair loss. Genetics is the "cause" however, there has been some discussion about other factors that may contribute to expediting the genetic hair loss process - but ultimately, the cause of hereditiary hair loss is genetics.

Bill

Wash or not wash??

Makes no difference with regard to Male Pattern hairloss as Bill mentioned above..This is one of the most misunderstood "wives tale" out there. It is right up there with Hats as a major cause..

Do the research and talk to the top autorities on hairloss and you will see. DHT baby, DHT..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I wash my hair daily but I also use a shampoo with natural root extracts like saw palmetto, rosemary, aloe vera and a couple of other natural ingredients. It has helps me for the last 14years and keep my hair loss to the point of not having almost any hair on a daily basis. I only notice about 5-7 hair strand on my hands while washing my hair and scalp. That's below the average of 50-100 hair strands normally sheadding daily.

Nat

These ingredients have no scientific evidence of halting hairloss.No doctor will agree with this as a viable treatment. I think it is a bit dangerous to suggest this is a legit treatment for hairloss. No shampoo is ..

Revita and Nizoral do have a ingredient which has shown to increase haircount however, it is marginal at best and is not a stand alone treatment rather a compliment.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 months later...

I found Revita to be a very good shampoo, it improved the appearance of my hair, I am also hoping it might help slow down some hairloss but I'll have to use it a few more months to tell, I don't expect very noticeable results when it comes to loss or regrowth but if it helps only a little I'll be happy with that.