Hi guys. As I stated on a recent post, I had a touch-up of about 1K grafts on my hairline of mostly 1's and 2's. I also had noted that it seemed that some of the grafts were already starting to shed. I was wondering if there's a possibility that the single grafts in the frontal hairline were more vulnerable to shed earlier than the 2's that are feathered behind them. At least that's what appears to be happening now, or what I think is happening now. Is there any evidence that this is a possibility? By the way, I'm at day 9 post op.

Hi guys. As I stated on a recent post, I had a touch-up of about 1K grafts on my hairline of mostly 1's and 2's. I also had noted that it seemed that some of the grafts were already starting to shed. I was wondering if there's a possibility that the single grafts in the frontal hairline were more vulnerable to shed earlier than the 2's that are feathered behind them. At least that's what appears to be happening now, or what I think is happening now. Is there any evidence that this is a possibility? By the way, I'm at day 9 post op.

I would think that the one hair grafts would be less vulnerable to shed, because of the smaller incision therefore less trauma, and usually the one hair grafts are spaced a little further apart so blood supply is not affected as much. So in theory, the one's should hold out longer...In theory!!!! icon_cool.gif

Bananas, I noticed the very same as you, in that the 1 hairs in the hair line were first to go, within the second week with little evidence that they were there at all after a while, I know one other poster who said the same, but I'd still be interested in hearing opinions from others.

Thanks for your input kaounis and Lastchance. This is somewhat of a curious subject, and you both have different views on this. I'm hoping and pretty confident that everything will grow in ok because I went to a top-notch coolition surgeon, but I am still wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue or has any knoweledge about this issue. Thanks.

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal, but really has no bearing on what your final result will look like. You will still have to wait for that. In general the 1 hair FU's and 2 hair FU's are placed very close together. Except for the randomly place singles in the frontal hairline area. I have seen many cases where the 1's shed prior to the 2's, and and many cases visa versa. You should be close to completely healed already. Get ready to forget you had a hair transplant for a few months, you do not want to drive yourself crazy. You can start getting excited around 3-4 months when the hair starts to grow.