Artificial Hair Anyone???

• Administrators

A very prominent and respected surgeon recently asked for help in finding people who have actually had artificial hairs surgically implanted in their scalp.

Neither me nor this surgeon in any way endorse this very controversial procedure. This procedure has been illegal in the US for years and for many good reasons.

However, this surgeon has been asked to present a study on this topic and would like to hear from patients that have had actual first hand experiences with surgically implanted artificial hair fibers. Most likely these patients will be have had this procedure done outside of North America.

If you know of such a person or you had this process please email me at pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com

You can remain completely anonymous if you choose. Your help could make a significant contribution to helping surgeons understand this controversial procedure.

Please give us the background regarding your surgery, your experience, where and how it was performed, and any complications. If you can also email us before and after photos this would be tremendously helpful as well. These photos can then be edited to preserve your privacy if you wish.

The information you provide will be held in strict privacy and will only be shown during a live presentation to hair transplant surgeons and reprinted in trade journal for medical professionals.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide -

Pat Hennessey - Publisher of this site.

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

A very prominent and respected surgeon recently asked for help in finding people who have actually had artificial hairs surgically implanted in their scalp.

Neither me nor this surgeon in any way endorse this very controversial procedure. This procedure has been illegal in the US for years and for many good reasons.

However, this surgeon has been asked to present a study on this topic and would like to hear from patients that have had actual first hand experiences with surgically implanted artificial hair fibers. Most likely these patients will be have had this procedure done outside of North America.

If you know of such a person or you had this process please email me at pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com

You can remain completely anonymous if you choose. Your help could make a significant contribution to helping surgeons understand this controversial procedure.

Please give us the background regarding your surgery, your experience, where and how it was performed, and any complications. If you can also email us before and after photos this would be tremendously helpful as well. These photos can then be edited to preserve your privacy if you wish.

The information you provide will be held in strict privacy and will only be shown during a live presentation to hair transplant surgeons and reprinted in trade journal for medical professionals.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide -

Pat Hennessey - Publisher of this site.

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

What is there to understand about artificial hair implantation? The procedure was banned for good reason in the US. Severe infections and life threatening illness resulted. I hope this process is not being considered for a return visit by the medical community?

Pat,

I have to ask - why would anyone, especially a prominent and respected surgoen, spend time studying this? I can't imagine what more there is to know about it.

[This message was edited by Gary on May 06, 2002 at 06:53 PM.]