Dr Alexander or Dr Ron Shapiro

Hi everyone,doing my research i am defo between these two fantastic hairline doctors and am kind of swaying towards Dr Alexander.My work is all temporal really.One side has receeded slightly further back than the other and i would like the sides built up to be the same.On the results i have seen Dr Shapiro has done one or two exactly like mine and built the sides up to be even,with great end results.I haven't seen any results or Dr Alexander's with that type of work,Dr Alexander's results i have seen are mostly in the hairline and totally blow me away but i really need my temporal and sides built up to match more than the hairline.Can some people give views on this please.I guess im trying to say i dont want work done on hairline and have nice hairline with two uneven temples that have receeded back a bit.Would this be a breeze for Dr Alexander to build my sides up as well as the results Dr Shapiro has done or does he concentrate more on the hairline.

Hi everyone,doing my research i am defo between these two fantastic hairline doctors and am kind of swaying towards Dr Alexander.My work is all temporal really.One side has receeded slightly further back than the other and i would like the sides built up to be the same.On the results i have seen Dr Shapiro has done one or two exactly like mine and built the sides up to be even,with great end results.I haven't seen any results or Dr Alexander's with that type of work,Dr Alexander's results i have seen are mostly in the hairline and totally blow me away but i really need my temporal and sides built up to match more than the hairline.Can some people give views on this please.I guess im trying to say i dont want work done on hairline and have nice hairline with two uneven temples that have receeded back a bit.Would this be a breeze for Dr Alexander to build my sides up as well as the results Dr Shapiro has done or does he concentrate more on the hairline.

I myself am going to Shapiro to have my temple points restored. Ive seen pictures on their computer that look fantastic.

Dr Alexander does very nice hairlines but I havent seen much temple point work.

Im sure he could give you want you want but Ive already been to Sharpiro and really trust him,and his work.

If not done right the hair will stick out and not lay down

M1A1,

Welcome to our forum.

If you click on each Coalition physician linked here, you will find a number of patient results. Use also the "find" feature of our forum and pay special attention to the "hair transplant patient photo albums" section. There you will find physician and patient posted patient photos and videos.

Volvic,

Selecting between two elite physicians is like choosing between two separate paintings painted by two talented artists. No matter which you choose, you will have chosen wisely, but finding the right surgeon for you takes looking through numerous patient photos and consulting with both of them and determine which one suits you best.

Personally, I'd feel comfortable in the surgical chair of both Dr. Shapiros (Ron and Paul) and Dr. Alexander.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, thank you...

I must say, the video work by H&W and Dr. Feller is very impressive. I couldn't find video from Dr. Alexander and Dr. Ron Shapiro-maybe more research on my part. To me, video gives a much more real life perspective of the results. Multiple angles with movement in real time.

Again, thanks...

Originally posted by M1A1:

Bill,

By the way,can a 0.6 custome blade vs a 0.9 custome blade make a big difference in the final results of a HT, with all other things being equal. I hope I am asking the question correctly.

Thanks.

I'm no expert, but that's 1/3 smaller so the evidence of a transplant should be lower.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

M1A1,

Dr. Alexander and Dr. Shapiro haven't been in the practice of presenting videos on our forum however, there are a number of impressive photos to show they do first-rate work. Video, when done right, certainly helps show the reality of the result. Hopefully in the future, more clinics will present both photos and video.

Elite surgeons who regularly perform ultra refined follicular unit grafting create incisions as small as a .6mm or .7mm with a needle or blade for 1 and 2 haired grafts. 3 or 4 haired follicular units are typically inserted into incisions of .9mm to 1.1mm in diameter depending on the patient's hair characteristics.

Surgeons who have mastered ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation such as physician members of the Coaltion can dense pack almost twice as many follicular unit grafts per square cm while minimizing trauma to the scalp.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Appearantly, with 1&2's, the size does matter of the end result from density to overall appearance...With that said, does a custom cut blade to match a patients unique hair charecteristics improve results vs a using a needle. Or is it a combination of skill, artistry and techs skill set that could take average results and turn them into awesome results? Just a thought, would it be possible for the docs to post pictures in standard format? A standard format if you will... This way, for us newbies anyways, it would be easier to compare the body of work from one HT doc to another. Plus, a standard write-up in terms of hair charecteristics and hair count...I know I am new here, but after coming on this board on and off for a year or so, these are the questions that I am asking myself... Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your assistance.

M1A1,

Though I have a personal preference toward custom cut blades, cases have been made for both blades and needles.

See:

Blades Verses Needles - A Demonstration by Joe Tillman of Hasson and Wong

Blades verses Needles - Discussion

Ultimately, it comes down to strategic placement, surgical skill, artistry, and tools used that creates the result. I have seen some impressive cases from surgeons who use blades and from those who use needles.

Best wishes,

Bill