Cyberdrug/Proscar Legitimacy

As the topic line suggests, I purcbased Proscar on-line from Cyberdrug, and I am concerned about the legitimacy of the Proscar that I received.

The mailing envelope came from Pakistan (which is a bit scary in itself), and the Proscar box, which appeared to be an original Merck (spelling?)box, had middle eastern writing all over it.

Should I be concerned about this? Has anybody had the same experience?

I've been using Propecia for several years with great success, and I would hate to lose the positive results by using counterfeit Proscar.

As the topic line suggests, I purcbased Proscar on-line from Cyberdrug, and I am concerned about the legitimacy of the Proscar that I received.

The mailing envelope came from Pakistan (which is a bit scary in itself), and the Proscar box, which appeared to be an original Merck (spelling?)box, had middle eastern writing all over it.

Should I be concerned about this? Has anybody had the same experience?

I've been using Propecia for several years with great success, and I would hate to lose the positive results by using counterfeit Proscar.

Ira,

Proscar produced within the USA (and therefore under full US laws) is packaged only in bottles of 30 or 100 pills. Other sizes or packaging indicates production overseas.

It is uncertain whether overseas produced Proscar has the same quality control or standards as those produced in the US. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. It is a whole heck of a lot cheaper, though.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not plan on ordering Proscar from Cyberdrug again.

I ordered from them in November and my Visa account was billed for $59 on 11/30. I think 37 days is a reasonable amount of time to expect my order to arrive.

I called Paypal and got Cyberdrug's e-mail address. I e-mailed them twice last week, but received no response. I just was on the phone with Visa and they are going to cancel the payment.

Is there a more reliable place to obtain Proscar?

I didn't receive my order for over 30 days. When it came it was from Pakistan, the post office opened it to inspect. The package has middle east writing on it.(can't trust those Arabs) Also they mailed it registered so it was a hassle waiting in line at the post office. There are some sites out their I will try later after this supply runs out.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't talk about CyberDrug, but I would be concerned with ordering any pharmaceutical product online. Not for fear of being cheated (although getting Pakistani drugs might make me nervous).

Actually, I'd be concerned about the temperature stability of these drugs. If you read your bottle of Propecia, or Proscar, or whatever ... they say: "store at room temperature, 15-30 degrees Celcius (59-86 degrees Farenheit)".

Some drugs can withstand heat and/or cold. Others cannot. When you order online, these drugs are then shipped to you. If they are shipped to you via AirFreight, they are most certainly subjected to temperatures below 59 degrees F ... because the temperature at altitude drops WAY down.

If you live in the NorthEast, like me, you know the temperatures are WAY below 59 degrees F right now ... and will be for another three months, at least. Conversely - the summers in the south get significantly above 86 degrees F ... especially in the back of the UPS truck or mail delivery van.

Just something to consider.