safe grafts

How long after surgery is it until a graft becomes permanant? I noticed that after six or seven days, as the scabs were coming off, that sometimes there would be a hair attached. Is that the whole graft or just the hair?

Also how soon after surgery does the shedding begin? Thanks

How long after surgery is it until a graft becomes permanant? I noticed that after six or seven days, as the scabs were coming off, that sometimes there would be a hair attached. Is that the whole graft or just the hair?

Also how soon after surgery does the shedding begin? Thanks

I was wondering that myself!! I'm about 13 days out now and sometimes I see the scab with the hair still intact, also I was wondering about how gentle am i suppose to shampoo? I've been really gentle!!! am I suppose to gently try and lossen the scabs? or just leave them alone and have them fall out in time?

Jotronic,

To get an extra week away for the office for recovery purposes, I was thinking of having my surgery on a Thursday and then leaving on a golf vacation the following Wednesday (18 holes a day, riding, etc.) for a week. Do you think this is possible? Advisable? Any concerns?

Thanks,

Mr. T.

You do know that you're supposed to keep those babies out of the sun for 6 months? If you decide that golfing is not a risk otherwise, be sure to cover up in the sun.

For me 'strenous' ment the unfortunate canceling of my seasonal appearances at my harem in Bangkok. A half dozen or so of my Thai wives had to weather my 3 week absence. Toys were distributed to tie them over, hopefully there were no unseemly outbreaks of violence, no cat fighting,etc. Sacrifices must be made by all members of the extended family during the post op proceedings. best,WWH

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, had hairs come out, and was initially worried just a little bit, but then i figured that it was no big deal because it appeared that there was no folicle attached to it, just the scab.

Just recently have I started to get dry skin up top and once in a while, it looks like a hardened folicle comes out attached to a hair, it's no a soft folicle, like it's still alive, it's very hard, almost like dried skin, but you can see it looks like a folicle.

has anyone experienced that? Should I be worried?

Anyone have any answers or similar experiences?

I am now 7 weeks post-op. The literature that they give you says to stay out of the Sun for 2 months. In the Doc's office they say to stay out of the Sun even longer. Everyone in the office stressed this. My question is do they mean Sun exposure walking from your car to an office building or do they mean longer Sun exposer like playing basket ball?