Post op , hair shedding stage

Abby

How much hair is actually shed post -op 3250 grafts, and how long is it before the actual growth. Also my first sprouts of hair post-op 3 weeks are very fine and kind of lifeless, will these improve after the shedding stage and when will the real growth begin. How long will I have to wait .

Anybody

Cheers

How much hair is actually shed post -op 3250 grafts, and how long is it before the actual growth. Also my first sprouts of hair post-op 3 weeks are very fine and kind of lifeless, will these improve after the shedding stage and when will the real growth begin. How long will I have to wait .

Anybody

Cheers

If you're average, you'll shed around 80% or a little more of the grafts, somewhere between 10 days to 3 weeks, give or take......everyone's different.

Yep...new growth usually comes in thin and wispy. 3 weeks is awful early for new growth, have you been taking Fin and could it be hairs from that? I've heard of new growth by 6 weeks to 2 months, but that's usually just the beginning. yes, after they begin growing, they will continue to thicken up to and past the 1 year mark.

Hope this helps -

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Yep...new growth usually comes in thin and wispy. 3 weeks is awful early for new growth
I started sprouting at 3 weeks too. Now at 2 months I have hundreds. The early ones are almost full maturity and the newer ones are very thin and wispy. Sometimes I don't spot one until it is about 1/4 inch long because it is so thin and transparent, other ones are coming in a normal full strength stubbles.

Abby,

Consider yourself lucky to get such early growth. They will improve in time.