Recent HT

Jowe44

Well I was told by my peers at the ripe old age of 17 that it looked like I was going bald (I've always had thin/fine hair). Here I am at the age of 34 and I just had an HT on 10/06/05. I had the procedure done by a Doctor Alexander Lewis (specializes in dermatology) who's a member of the Northern California Hair Transplantation Group in Walnut Creek, CA. I'm currently not taking propecia nor did I take it prior to the procedure. I did; however, take 5% rogaine and am waiting until I atleast get these staples removed from the back of my head before taking it again. I know it's too early but, I feel pretty optimistic about the procedure. I'm currently experiencing facial swelling and was told that was to be expected. The procedure was tolerable and my wife seems to think that my head looks more painful that it really is (nothing wrong with a little sympothy now and then). Well, I'm more than willing to share my experience with anyone and would higly recommend Dr. Lewis to anyone in the area. He has a little clinic but, is very professional and personable. You won't find much advertisment like the big chain clinics (bosley, etc...). But I think that's how he keeps his costs down. He's been practicing HTs for the last 17 or 20 years now. He also gives his patients a free lifetime supply of rogaine. That's it for now and I will continue to post while I progress.

Well I was told by my peers at the ripe old age of 17 that it looked like I was going bald (I've always had thin/fine hair). Here I am at the age of 34 and I just had an HT on 10/06/05. I had the procedure done by a Doctor Alexander Lewis (specializes in dermatology) who's a member of the Northern California Hair Transplantation Group in Walnut Creek, CA. I'm currently not taking propecia nor did I take it prior to the procedure. I did; however, take 5% rogaine and am waiting until I atleast get these staples removed from the back of my head before taking it again. I know it's too early but, I feel pretty optimistic about the procedure. I'm currently experiencing facial swelling and was told that was to be expected. The procedure was tolerable and my wife seems to think that my head looks more painful that it really is (nothing wrong with a little sympothy now and then). Well, I'm more than willing to share my experience with anyone and would higly recommend Dr. Lewis to anyone in the area. He has a little clinic but, is very professional and personable. You won't find much advertisment like the big chain clinics (bosley, etc...). But I think that's how he keeps his costs down. He's been practicing HTs for the last 17 or 20 years now. He also gives his patients a free lifetime supply of rogaine. That's it for now and I will continue to post while I progress.

Guest sac95816

hey

I'm in Northern Cal. too. I'm interested in knowing how many grafts you had transplanted, where, and what NW you were. I'm considering having a HT performed by a lesser known Dr. as well. Keep us posted on your progress. I'd like to know how long it is before you would feel comfortable being in public without a hat...scabbing, redness, swelling, etc.

I may have a small procedure, 1200 grafts, done at the end of Oct. in S.F. by a lesser known dr. whose been performing HTs for a long time. Seems like N. Cal. Dr. aren't reputable, or known, on these forums.

Thanks again,

Sacramento

Guest sac95816

I searched this site for Dr. Lewis and couldn't find one reference to him. I also couldn't find more than one or two references to the Dr. I've consulted with in S.F. Perhaps west coast dr.s just don't garner much attention on this site. Interesting...

He also gives his patients a free lifetime supply of rogaine.

that is pretty hard to believe. Rogaine can get expensive.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

I was to have about 1000 grafts but ended up with 1400 because thats how many came out in the graft of skin. Dr. Lewis' website is [link removed by forum moderator] You can also look him up under [link removed by forum moderator] He gets his supply of rogaine free from vendors which is why he gives it away to his patients, the only downside is you have to drive to his office to pick it up. He also provides propecia at cost which is $600.00 for a 14 month supply. I think the usual cost is about $800.00 for a year supply. I get my staples out tomorrow. So far so good, I haven't seen a lot of shock loss, and seem to be retaining my donar hair but, it is only going on a week.

Originally posted by baldcasanova:
He also gives his patients a free lifetime supply of rogaine.

that is pretty hard to believe. Rogaine can get expensive.

Yeah, especially if the patient is 34 and could live another 50 or 60 years...

PB

Well just had my staples out and got my 3rd free bottle of rogaine. Everything looks pretty good. Still maintaining the donar hair and haven't seen a lot of shock loss as of yet. I was given a one month free sample of propecia to test it out and was told to start up the rogaine again. My Dr. also gave me a prescription for Ketoconazole shampoo, he said it would help with the recovery of the scalp and prevent drying of the scalp from the rogaine which is a problem I had before the HT.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I wonder if he's still getting free Rogaine.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Maybe he went out of business haha

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Bill:

Alright...

Nobuzz is going to be the new official old thread revival policeman! I vote that nobuzz adds a "Custom Member Title" under his profile to this effect icon_wink.gif. Well spotted my friend!

Bill

Bill, I can accept the dead thread policeman title only in Hairbanks honor! Hope he is doing ok.

NoBuzz