Recommended Doctors in Ontario, Canada

Emerald

Hi,

Can you recommend the best doctors in Ontario? I have finally made my decision to do this and want to hopefully find the best surgeon in my area or surrounding (Toronto, Canada).

My family physician recommended in order:

1) Dr. John Golahar

2) Dr. Paul Cotterhill

3) Dr. Seager

Can you also share your experiences and opinions regarding these doctors?

Thanks so much,

Tony

Hi,

Can you recommend the best doctors in Ontario? I have finally made my decision to do this and want to hopefully find the best surgeon in my area or surrounding (Toronto, Canada).

My family physician recommended in order:

1) Dr. John Golahar

2) Dr. Paul Cotterhill

3) Dr. Seager

Can you also share your experiences and opinions regarding these doctors?

Thanks so much,

Tony

Good advice Lorenzo.

Whether it's a family Dr or even a local plastic surgeon, do not expect them to know who to go to for a HT. I bet if you called 10 Family Drs, Plastic Surgeons or Dermatologists in your home town, half would tell you to go to Bosley.

Being from Ontario you are VERY lucky since you are not far from several Canadian and U.S. HT Docs that are the best in the WORLD.

Golden Rule of Hair Transplantation, you need to go to the Dr and NOT expect the best Dr to have a clinic in your home town.

A good DR will reduce the HT fees to make up for the travel and lodging, so what is the excuse not to travel to have the best work done by a Dr that YOU researched and with whom you feel comfortable?

I traveled from AZ to Toronto to have Dr Jones do my HT and SAVED a significant sum of $$$ over a local HT clinic. In one session I also received twice the FU yield and twice the FUs per cm2 than the local HT clinic estimated for the same procedure.

Just because Dr Jones is not listed among the preferred HT Drs here anymore does not mean he isn't a top choice. That was a business decision that doesn't do prospective patients like you (in Ontario) any good.

Thanks Lorenzo and 'son of a plug!'. OK, I am new here and in the early stages of my mission. Maybe it is my lack of experience/knowledge at this time that don't understand when you say 'base your decision on what is best for you'! The best thing for me is to do this as natural as possible; therefore, I'm thinking it requires one of the best doctors and best techniques around (which I read it is FU approach). So based on what decisions did you guys pick Dr. Jones?? Are you guys completely satisfied? I heard Dr. Unger is good, anyone knows about him?

Just one last question, and hope doesn't offend anyone, I am wondering how I can eliminate my suspicions that the opinions or recommendations posted here do not come for the purpose of promoting one's business!?

Emerald,

I made my decision by doing 9 months of research. I took digital photos and sent them to several doctors. From there, I narrowed it down and I flew to meet the doctors and patients in person. I've had bad work before, and the only way you can really be sure is to see the finished work in person. Pictures can be decieving, even if it's unintentional. This is a huge decision. Read up, talk, call, or email as many patients as you can, and take your time.

I just got back from Toronto where I had a procedure, all FUE, with Dr. Jones. I do not have any links with him other then being his patient. Make sure Dr. Jones in in your short list. He is Oakville, just a 30 min drive or so from toronto. I flew across the Atlantic for this guy.

Is he worth it ... IMHO YES ! He and his staff treat you like you are a King !

You are so lucky to have some of the worlds finest HT Dr. sitting right in Canada... with or without blackout LOL.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

• 4 weeks later...

You people are incredibly helpfull and seem so sincere. Thanks alot. I just had my first consultation with Dr. Simmons. Originally I thought I choose one best doctor and do it but looks like I got to consider seeing others as you suggested. I think I should give Dr. Jones a visit as well. Dr. Simmons told me it will take 2 sessions of 2800 grafts each, and each session costs $10,500 + GST. I didn't think I needed two sessions really, and I wasn't expecting to cost that much either! Can anyone tell me how much it will cost with Dr. Jones? Then I guess I got another decision on the way...!!

Thanks,

Emerald

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Emerald. I have been reading some of the postings on this forum for sometime now, but have never contributed. I have also been researching hair loss and have been to see many doctors, mainly in Toronto. A friend had a transplant 2 years ago and referred me to Dr. Seager. You should see him. It is impossible to tell that he even had a transplant. I wish I could post his picture but, I dont think he would be comfortable with that. He did tell me that he was concerned about the money and so am I, but I want the same results. Even though other clinics seem cheaper, I am confident that Dr. Seager can give me the same results as my friend. I dont want to take a chance with this since I will have to live with the outcome for the rest of my life. I have my surgery booked for November, if you want I could post photos.