What's the difference in FU and Micrographs?

SCUSC

I've been reading on this website and others about FU's and how they're "state of the art" compared to micrographs...but I can't find out the difference. The doctor that I'm having a consultation with (Dr. Cooley, which is a recommended doctor by this website) has a website, and it doesn't say anything about FU. He does use microscopes when disecting the follicles, so is this considered and FU?

Any clarification would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I've been reading on this website and others about FU's and how they're "state of the art" compared to micrographs...but I can't find out the difference. The doctor that I'm having a consultation with (Dr. Cooley, which is a recommended doctor by this website) has a website, and it doesn't say anything about FU. He does use microscopes when disecting the follicles, so is this considered and FU?

Any clarification would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Try reading "the Best Procedure" article over on the left.

There is also lots of good reading at Dr. Shapiro's website, and the NHI website:

www.ShapiroMedical.com

www.newhair.com

An FU graft is trimmed under a microscope, so that all excess tissue is removed. The clinics that do not use microscopes can't trim grafts as closely, without risking damage. Also, it just takes longer to trim the grafts under a microscope. The untrimmed excess tissue in other grafts can cause cobblestoning (bumpy scalp) and compression (makes grafts look even pluggier).

Those websites will explain it better than I can.