2,600 w/ Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

SinTPA

SinTPA, I'm Happy for you!! You are offically on "Transplant Highway". Good luck on figureing out how your going to keep from staring at your soon-to-be hairline! I'm sure you'll be puting up some photos in the near future to show better placement of the grafts.

Originally posted by Bill:

SinTPA,

Do you have any immediately post op pictures? How many grafts did you receive?

Dr. Epstein does good work. At 3 months, you are where I'd expect you to be. You should start seeing new growth now in the next few months.

Happy growing!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately I traveled to Miami for the procedure and didn't bring my camera. I regret not taking immediate post-op pictures. Per Dr. Epstein I had 2,599 grafts. He did not provide a breakdown any more detailed than that. He basically decided to fill in the front 2/5ths of my scalp. I will still have the receding hairline but I'm hoping the front are shown in the pics fills in. I'll post more pics at month 4.

Cheers,

Sin

My Hair Loss Weblog

1st HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein 2,599 Grafts

Guest wanthairs

Hey Sintpa.......

Im also an Epstein patient at 10 weeks post op. I was a shiny NWD 6 but now I have growth occuring all over my front and mid which started about 3 weks ago into my 7th week post op. I dont know if this helps, but I drench 5%minoxidil twice a day from a spray bottle all over my reciepient area. I threw out the applicator. According to Epstein, rogaine will speed up the growth by one month ahead of schedule......Are you using it to on your recipient area? BTW your growth looks good

Originally posted by wanthairs:

Hey Sintpa.......

Im also an Epstein patient at 10 weeks post op. I was a shiny NWD 6 but now I have growth occuring all over my front and mid which started about 3 weks ago into my 7th week post op. I dont know if this helps, but I drench 5%minoxidil twice a day from a spray bottle all over my reciepient area. I threw out the applicator. According to Epstein, rogaine will speed up the growth by one month ahead of schedule......Are you using it to on your recipient area? BTW your growth looks good

Hi wanthairs,

Thanks for the reply. Per Dr. Epstein's instructions I have been using Minox on the recipient area. I believe his instructions say for the first 3 months only but I continue to use it at night. I don't really like using it in the morning. I also switched to the Rogaine foam which makes it a lot easier to apply. I'm not sure if it is reducing the effectiveness but the convenience is worth it. One way or another, the hairs will start to grow... just need to have more patience. My regimen looks identical to yours except for the Biotin.

Cheers,

Sin

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi all

I am almost 4 months post op and seeing ( and feeling) some results.. Yup , waiting sucks but the best is yet to come. I don't use minox due to the life long commitiment and messiness.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi all

I am almost 4 months post op and seeing ( and feeling) some results.. Yup , waiting sucks but the best is yet to come. I don't use minox due to the life long commitiment and messiness.

JOBI,

The minox is only intended to accelerate the growth of the transplants. I intend on discontinuing after month 5.

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments Bill. I'm indeed looking forward to the next few months. At this point I am satisfied with the HT but of course I'm still hoping for significant improvements in visual appearance of the HT. If I could figure out how to take a decent picture in natural light, you would be able to see a better indication of the actual progress.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Guest wanthairs

sintpa....

It look like you are a slow grower, like me. Although my growth started at 7 weeks post op, I look like someones glued a few pubes to my scalp.....as it seems slow. Could just be my total impatience.

I think (hope) that things change dramatically between week 20 and week 28 so we will all see......

Good luck...keep us posted

Originally posted by wanthairs:

sintpa....

It look like you are a slow grower, like me. Although my growth started at 7 weeks post op, I look like someones glued a few pubes to my scalp.....as it seems slow. Could just be my total impatience.

I think (hope) that things change dramatically between week 20 and week 28 so we will all see......

Good luck...keep us posted

Wanthairs... thanks for the comments. I see that we had a similar number of grafts, etc. from Dr. Epstein and that your HT was about 2 weeks after mine. I hope your right that I will see some significant growth in the next 6 weeks. I think I'm convinced that I'll wait until the 14 month mark to make the final eval. He didn't give me the breakdown that you have in your signature. From what I've read on the forums, the larger grafts take longer to grow so that could be the situation in my case. Keeping my fingers crossed... Sin

My Hair Loss Weblog

Sin

Be aware that any benefits you have received from the minoxidil i.e. additional growth of native hair or thickness will be lost when you discontinue it. If I were you I would continue on it if you don't mind applying it. This is why I never used it post op.

You will be in for some nice growth my friend in the next couple of months!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

JOBI,

I bought a 3-month supply of the Minox foam and will discontinue it as soon as it runs out. I've only been using it at night with the sole purpose of accelerating the growth of the new grafts. Since I really didn't have much hair in the transplanted region I don't expect to regress when I stop using the minox. I also don't expect to lose any of the new grafts. Maybe I'm missing something with your comments but it seems like the recommended regimen from Dr. Epstein of using Minox to accelerate the growth of new hair can only help.

Thxs,

Sin

My Hair Loss Weblog

SinTPA:

At 5 months I thought I was getting some serious growth..until I look back and see that it was really nothing compared to my 11 month. My hair didn't start kickin' until the 10 month and is still thickening...hang in there.

I'm figuring 14-16 months for a final result on mine.

TPA--Tampa? I'm SRQ--part-time.

Grow well.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs