SAFEZONE:NOT SO SAFE?

This is a subject which is sometimes overlooked as some docs may dip into the donor area a bit on the high side. Read Bill's discussion.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Moderators

Happened to me. I lost hair past the scar in the back. On the sides my hairloss has gone just up to the scars on the sides, so there's not enough hair above the side scars to cover them. During the years I was going through my hair transplants all they did was small sessions to chase my hairloss until I lost too much hair and didn't have any donor left.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy: No shit!!! Thanks for your post. Im really sorry to hear about this. Could you do me a favor and adress the following, as I have NEVER heard anyone discuss this and would greatly appreciate your input:

(i) when was your first and last ht?

(ii) how old are you and at what age did your balding pattern extend beyond the so called safe zone?

(iii) whose your doc?

(iv) were you thinning in the safe zone or show any signs of becoming a NW6-7 prior to the age of 30?

(v) did you take any meds?

This is something that has ALWAYS concerned me and I have NEVER heard anyone discuss this. I wish alot of people would get in on this thread because I think this would be the worst case scenario as far as ht's go. Everyone is always concerned about the scar, but this would be way worse.