Mega sessions with Dr Seager

Luke1

hello everyone,

Do you guys have info on dr Seager Clinic? any experience in his clinic?

When i called i was told that the megasessions performed there are for 2800-3000 grafts.

I personally wanted a 4000 graft session and was suprised that the maximum i can get in a session is 2800-3000 depending on the donor area, while i can see that some people are having 4000+ megasessions.

On a side note, any idea how many grafts a person with an average donor area can have?

my thanks in advance

hello everyone,

Do you guys have info on dr Seager Clinic? any experience in his clinic?

When i called i was told that the megasessions performed there are for 2800-3000 grafts.

I personally wanted a 4000 graft session and was suprised that the maximum i can get in a session is 2800-3000 depending on the donor area, while i can see that some people are having 4000+ megasessions.

On a side note, any idea how many grafts a person with an average donor area can have?

my thanks in advance

Hi LUke 1. I am not a student of HT but I would think that total graft count is not the only issue to consider. I believe one also needs to look at total hair count per graft, quality of workmanship, aristic placement of grafts, post surgery recovery and most importantly the lasting, full and natural results that are realized. I had two mega sessions with the Seager Center with 3200 and 2500 grafts respectively. Both were all day procedures with an expert staff and doctor providing optimum effort, quality and procedure and resulting in utterly incredible results. You owe it to yourself to check out the Seager Center in Toronto as a viable option.

Is it better for an individual with the characteristics of a Norwood 5/6 to forego a megasession of 3-4k fu's given good laxticity and donor area or rather undergoing two smaller sessions of 2,500 units?

Solid,

It depends on the patient, and there is some different opinions on HT over 3,000K-- mostly due to limited blood supply during transplant and time the donor strip/grafts are out of the scalp in saline. Some think this increases risk of some grafts not taking. Also, with 1 large 4-5K session, usually Dense packing is involved which also raises the question of graft transections?

On the other side, doing multiple surgeries might increase shock loss in donor sight-- I've had several procedures and havent experience this but they said it is a small risk. As far as scarring-- it would be the same either way because the 2nd HT would just excise the orginal scar during donor removal leaving just one scar.

I think it comes down to personal preference.

• 1 month later...

hello Luke1 I had a mega session done at Dr. Seager's clinic and the surgery was actually done by Dr. Simmons. I had 2900 grafts and its been about 6 1/2 months now and I couldn't be happier. I'm considering doing another 2000 grafts in the crown area....good luck with your decision.

• 2 weeks later...