dematch and toppiks

Which one is better?

do they work better on short or long hair?

I understand with toppiks there is an additional product that helps the fibres stick to your hair better?

has anyone had any experience with it?

What are some of the criticisms of these products?

Do they have alot of variety in colors?? do they usually match most peoples hair? or there easy to spot?

Hi gfs-

I'll answer your Q's as best I can. I'd really encourage you to used the "find" feature on the site and do some searching, you'll find tons of info on each of these.

As for which is better, I only used dermmatch before my 2nd HT came in and no longer used it, never used Toppik. From my personal experience with dermmatch, and from the reviews I've read here and other places, as a stand alone concealer dermmatch wins. Dermmatch won't come out when wet and must be shampooed out, not the case with Toppik, plus, dermmatch is more cost effective and I believe just looks better. I've heard some horror stories of those that had used toppik then were discovered under florescent lighting.

You can use either on short or long hair. The key with any concealer is to have enough hair for it to work on..............it doesn't work on bald spots..........there's got to be some hair there for it to cling to. Otherwise all you end up with is a shiny scalp icon_cool.gif!

Criticims for dermmatch would be that it sometimes leaves a "chalky" look to the hair. To rid this you can just lightly rub out any excess with a damp towel after it has dried, then, apply gel or styling products.

Criticisms for toppik............not completely sure......I mentioned that it is visible under certain lighting conditions (I've not heard this of dermmatch), also, toppik will come out if you sweat or get rained on.

I don't know about toppik colors..........dermmatch comes in black, dark brown, med brown, light brown, blonde and gray (I think). Not sure on Toppik but it is likely very similar.

I've heard of people using dermmatch then sprinkling some toppik in with it and it supposedly worked great. I was always fearful of ever using toppik due to the "coming out when wet" issue and the lighting issue.

Hope this helps.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

No problem at all...............other than you will have to wait for the Minox to dry before applying a concealer. I opted against Minox due to the messy regimen.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.