smegma??

omar77

Yes propably I'm using wrong word, in Greek is called smigmatorria it appears on head, on body,on testicle.I have it on head.My scalp is producing something(smigma?)that it is stuck on haid and make difficult for hair to breathe.When i shampoo, my head is full of small white pieces of that.

Have no idea what you are talking about? sounds like dandruff or something

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yes dundruff but in heavy condition,it appears 16 years combined with hairloss.I have visit dermatologist and he gave me some lotion that really reduce it but hairloss continues slow but stable and I was thinking maybe you know something more.I also use proscar.

omar,

Is the hair loss you are experiencing genetic hair loss or is it due to your scalp condition? Severe scalp inflammation, infection, dermatitus, etc can cause various "non-genetic" hair loss such as Telogen Effuvium.

If your hair loss is genetic, finasteride and minoxodil are your two best bets. But I do recommend continually treating whatever scalp condition you have. What did your dermatologist call it? I can't imagine he would call it smegma.

Bill

It's generic but this dundruff make it even more harder.Well my doctor called it smigmatorria(???’???????·???????????±????????????????????????????±) and searching Greek sites I come up to it many times it isnt' something uncommon in hairloss.Trying to find it in English I find smegma and smigma is there any difference between those two words?

The etymology of smegma (which one of the few English words to come from Greek rather than from Latin) is exfoliated cellular tissue. Omar, I would assume, based on your posts, that your doctor and you are working with the original definition of the Greek word and not the transliterated English version. Are you finding any of these secretions particularly behind your ears? Do you find any between your toes?

I recommend that you talk with your doctor for possible medication other than just dandruff shampoo.

At first I thought this was a joke but let's assume it isn't. I think what you are tying to verbalize is "sebum". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_gland

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

• 1 year later...

Hello "Smegmaman" is back!! LOL

I though to start new topic but since the broblem is the same ll continue here.

I suffer from EXCESSIVE SEBUM.MPB also.

No matter what i was using in my scalp,those lotions i mentioned and 2 days a week fungoral shampoo(nizoral in US) and epicouric,

i was still had sebum and still had hairloss.

All of my hair was starting to thin.I was seeing that i was going to become NW6 really soon(I m between 3 and 4 now i think)

I was very dissapointed.

One friend of my brother told me about one old lady that had helped a friend of his in the past with hairloss and he suggested to go see her.

I didnt believe that i ll have any luck and that 99% all this was a crap but i had nothing to loose,i would loose all of my hair anyway.

So i went to find her.She gave me 2 cups with a green mixure and told me to go again when finish.

I swear to GOD this thing really worked for me.

My sebum gone and my hair started to getting thick.I m about 1.5 years now using this stuff and i experience no sebum and no hairloss anymore.

My problem now is this.There is no guarante about if i ll be able to use that for life,cause the lady dont say how she makes it.

I have no idea what she uses,i only know it works.2 times i stopped it about a month each time cause of traveling and i started to have sebum again.

I want to have a hairtransplant with DR Hasson but i m worried about further loss if i stop using it.

I dont know what to do icon_frown.gif

should i continue using it , get trasplant and when i wont be able to use it anymore look for "commercial" solutions?

Should i stop using it now,find other solution(if i find) and then get trasplant?

Is there any way to find out what this thing contains?I can send it if someone can analyse it.

I know many people will react and wont believe me as it happened in a greek forum i said the same things.I m not saying its some magic lotion or anything it justs keeps my scalp clean from sebum and therefore i m not loosing anymore hair(at least so far)

I fondly remember not even daring to post on this thread....Even I have lines I will not cross icon_biggrin.gif

Glad you got things sorted omar----you had a lot of us worried there.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

i dont inderstand what dread locks means sorry.

I think in cases of sebum and as my dermatologist had said its not good to wash hair often cause it gets used to and after a bit makes no difference

At this point, I wouldn't bother to change the topic since the first dozen or so replies is all about "Smegma". Changing it might confuse people.

Mind you, you may have used the wrong word in the beginning, but people reading through the whole post will soon learn what you meant :-)

Bill