wottied

I've had a procedure done by a doctor recommended on this site.Iam now 5 1/2 months post up.The work was done on the sides and frontal region.I did have shock loss but have not noticed any of them coming back.As far as I can recall these hairs were healthy and grew long like the rest.The grafts are growing well but I still look thinner than before the procedure.I,ve read some posts that says that 5-6 months is what it is going to look like.Is this true.Is there still a chance that my shock loss hair will return even after 5 1/2 months.

Could arfy or anyone please respond to my concerns.

Thank you.

I've had a procedure done by a doctor recommended on this site.Iam now 5 1/2 months post up.The work was done on the sides and frontal region.I did have shock loss but have not noticed any of them coming back.As far as I can recall these hairs were healthy and grew long like the rest.The grafts are growing well but I still look thinner than before the procedure.I,ve read some posts that says that 5-6 months is what it is going to look like.Is this true.Is there still a chance that my shock loss hair will return even after 5 1/2 months.

Could arfy or anyone please respond to my concerns.

Thank you.

dellop:

Usually 6 months is a good indication of your final result, but you really do need 12 months to know for sure what your result will look like. For example, Jotronic reported ingrown hairs at 10 months (a sign of new hair growth in many cases). You are probably still regrowing hair and the hair density will still be improving at your stage.

Don't lose faith. You aren't in the final stages yet. You may have lost the shocked hairs for good. Not everyone experiences shock loss, and it is very difficult to predict who will and will not be a "victim" of shock loss.

Are you on Propecia? It really is good at "keeping the hair you have", IMO. That may help either curtail shock loss, stop it, or even reverse it. Certainly, it is worth a try.

Best of luck.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.