Nizoral or Nioxin?

Hi guys, I'm trying to find a new shampoo to use.. I've been losing hair for about 2 years now.. 21 years old and am currently using baby shampoo. Reason being was that I've heard that Baby Shampoo has fewer chemicals in it than other brands being that its made for babies.. hence.. its easier on the hair when washing it. But my hair's still been thinning.. and I keep on reading about Nizoral and Nioxin. (i'm taking 5% minoxidil and proscar a day)

Could anyone fill me on Nizoral and Nioxin? Are they just "concealers"? Do they just make the hair look thicker? That's why I was hesitant to choose either one..because I believed that I wouldn't be able to keep track of how bad my hair loss was getting. If they're more than just concealers, do tell, and which is the better of the two?

thanks in advance

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Comparing Nizoral to Nioxin is kind of apples-to-oranges.

Nioxin makes many claims about its products' effects on DHT in the scalp. I cannot say whether or not these claims are true. However, I use Nioxin shampoo and scalp therapy for no other reason except that they make my hair feel and look better and that they do have a coosmetic thickening effect. Worth the extra cash for me.

Nizoral 2% is an actual medicated shampoo that works not unlike minoxidil in that it helps promote regrowth through optimum scalp conditions. I use it 3 to 4 times per week and alternate with Nioxin. I have found that this regimen works great for me.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Nioxin is available in hair salons everywhere. I, personally, like the Bionutrient Actives cleanser and scalp therapy.

Nizoral 1% is available OTC in drug stores like Walgreens, CVS, etc. and in Walmart. 2% is only available by prescription. The generally recommended dose of 2% is 3 times weekly. The shampoo must be left on the scalp for at least 5 minutes.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog