Possible to build a tolerance against propecia?

BillyC

At such a young age, I don't know the best action to take...

My situation is this: I'm an asian american, 22 year old college student.

I've notice thinning on the top and especially in the back of the top (sometimes sides too). It's not that bad right now, but I'm scared it will get worse because my dad is as bald as an eagle.

Everyone on this site seems to love propecia and claims it will slow hair loss and maybe even cause some regrowth. HOWEVER, I'm scared if I start taking it now at 22, when my situation isn't horrible yet, I will have built a tolerance to it by say 24 (when my situation may be a lot worse). Then I'll have no drugs left to take and I don't want a HT.

I do have a pretty unhealthy scalp (dry, flaky, and itchy especially in winter). Maybe I should just work on fixing that and seeing if that will stop hairloss? ...Or should I start propecia early because I am really curious?

I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

At such a young age, I don't know the best action to take...

My situation is this: I'm an asian american, 22 year old college student.

I've notice thinning on the top and especially in the back of the top (sometimes sides too). It's not that bad right now, but I'm scared it will get worse because my dad is as bald as an eagle.

Everyone on this site seems to love propecia and claims it will slow hair loss and maybe even cause some regrowth. HOWEVER, I'm scared if I start taking it now at 22, when my situation isn't horrible yet, I will have built a tolerance to it by say 24 (when my situation may be a lot worse). Then I'll have no drugs left to take and I don't want a HT.

I do have a pretty unhealthy scalp (dry, flaky, and itchy especially in winter). Maybe I should just work on fixing that and seeing if that will stop hairloss? ...Or should I start propecia early because I am really curious?

I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Im probobly the wrong one to answer this cause I wont, at this point, take propecia....Its been recommended to me for yrs...im 36 now...and reconsidering...

From the recent rersearch ive done, results are inconsistent as far as to;erance....a possible way to avoid and/or avoid tolerance is to start propecia in a smaller dosage....an example of which would be quarting it....I read some studies on it and the effects of the drug at that dose arent signifigantly lessened...approx+-10%.

Some of the problems ive found in the research is the fact that some people, when their bodies are dht alpha deprived, starrt to systematically produce extra alpha.....thus increasing estrogen levels...

I read about DIM as a count and flax seed....

just throwing thios out there for you....do your own research...as the coin is two sided....and im not an expert...still trying to figure out for myself if I am gonna try it....

As for the dry scalp, what kind of shampoo do u use....

The emu oil works wonders....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Billy & Johnnie

I have been on Propecia for over 7 years and have had no decrease in the effectiviness (no side effects thank god).It regrew a little hair and stopped my hairloss. They have done a couple studies and from what I have seen their is no tolerance build up ( I havent had any personally so that's all I care about) As far as your scalp add Nizoral 1% ( or 2% but then you will need a presectiption) to your shampoo schedule about 3 x a week. Many people including myself use it as part of their hair loss treament and it should solve your scalp problem . It is also said to have some anti -DHT properties and it's cheap off the shelf

good luck and feel free to email me with any questions

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hi

it's much cheaper than any of the designer shampoos which claim to ( but don't) regrow hair .. at least this stuff works on healthy scalp conditions

Try it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!