Anyone ever had experience with a Dr. Gallia in Sacrament, Calif

Hi Western Star

i see you have recently joined the forum here, and have asked some basic questions. I think a pretty good source of information on hair transplant basics can be found at www.hairtransplantadviser.org I suggest that you read up, and learn why FU grafts are the most natural looking, why microscopes are important, and why Minigrafts should be avoided, among other things.

As far as Dr. Gallia, I did a search on the words "Dr. Gallia" and "Sacramento" at Google.com, and it returned some information about a fellow named Dr. Louis Gallia. Is this the same doctor you are asking about? It looks like Dr. Lou Gallia does many types of cosmetic surgery like breast enhancement, facelifts, etc etc. Many people think that it is better to see a doctor who only specializes in hair transplants (if this is the doctor you are thinking about.) The reason being that hair transplantation is a specialty that requires a full-time approach to get good at it, and deliver consistent results. A doctor who does a hair transplant once a week probably will not do as good a job on you as a doctor who does hair transplants every single day of the week.

Is there some reason you are considering Dr. Gallia (just out of curiousity)?

Very few doctors do excellent work with hair transplants on a consistent basis. I urge you to pick your doctor carefully, because if you don't pick a great doctor, there is a strong chance you will regret getting a hair transplant. believe me, as bad as it is to lose your hair, it is much much WORSE to have to go through life with a bad or just plain average hair transplant. The 'average' hair transplant looks like an obvious transplant, and I am sure that is not what you want. getting a good or great hair transplant does not have to cost more than a crummy one, and in many cases a great transplant costs LESS (depending on if you pick the right doctor).

I see that you are located in Texas, I recommend that you steer clear of Dr. Puig in Houston and Austin, he did a terrible job on me. I recommend that you stay away from any of the big franchises like Bosley amd Medical Hair Restoration, as there are many complaints about them, they do not use the most current approaches, and they also are not the cheapest, sivnce they pass the high cost of advertising on to the patients.

Please be careful, and keep asking questions. The are a lot of pitfalls and wrong turns you could make. Don't get any surgery until you've really learned what to watch out for, because it is very easy to make a mistake that you will have to pay for for the rest of your life.