Percentile hair growth

Belgiumdude

I wish i could know this one since i had a transplant done 7 weeks ago. Supposingly, the very good doctors could provide at least over 90% survival rate of transplanted grafs. 100% is possible but not probable...

Go to the right guy and you should get 95%+. Be sure to do your homework.

Click for - My Pix, and Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling, and healing.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/mentor/mentor_profile.asp?Mentor=Joecifus

If you follow the post-op procedures strictly, your chances of minimal or even no swelling are very good. In my experience, I had no swelling whatsoever. What will certainly affect your appearance is the scabbing, which for me lasted about 10 days. That's when I got my first post-op haircut and then I felt completely comfortable going out in public without a cap.

Yes you can drive a car after surgery as long as you're not under any heavy medication.

I drove 1 hour home 2 times after my ht with no casualities.

As far as wearing a hat, you can, but you need to be careful if the front part of the hat sits on the hairline which it does.

The donor area where the hat sits can be painful too.

The grafts shouldn't really be aggravated.If you pull the hat forward on your forhead you will be ok.

Hairseeker is correct... you just have to be very careful about disturbing the grafts. I did not wear a hat the first day, but I had to the second day, since I was travelling. I had no option to stay indoors. I just wore my hat very loosely and low on my forehead so that it wasn't really touching the grafts.

Thanks guys for the respond, although the trip i will make after the transplant is about 1000 kilometres, even more, and as far as the hat, what about a wool hat, i dont know the excact english name, not a baseball cap, not a hat, but a wool hat, i really dont know the english term, if wool hat might not be correct

Thanks

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

If you decide to wear a hat then any hat will do as long as it does not fit tightly and does not rest on any of the grafted areas. I think when you say wool hat your are possibly referring to something like this...

http://www.hats.com/cgi-bin/Hats.storefront/3f4e5998011a9d20eacdc0a80a6506da/Product/View/G500286bc01?dept=1043&deptName=men's+cloth+fashion

I've seen these and they work pretty good for post-op HT patients.

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

A couple things:

I wore a hat like this-

http://www.hats.com/cgi-bin/Hats.storefront/3f4f8e41005cda34ead0c0a80a6506d9/Product/View/208897WHT?dept=22&deptName=men's+casual+hats

It worked great cause it had an adjustable band which kept it on tight, but DID NOT touch the grafts.

2- My doc had me do several things to eliminate swelling. Please see my link below for those pointers.

3- - ho long before the swelling starts?

I HAD NO SWELLING AT ALL THE FIRST TIME. I BELIEVE DUE TO MEDICINE I TOOK FOR IT, AND BECAUSE I WAS TOLD TO WEAR A 'SWEAT-BAND' HEADBAND FOR 4 DAYS.

4- And gow long will it be like this?

I HAD A SMALL AMOUNT OF SWELLING IN FRONT OF ONE EAR THE SECOND TIME - (I WORE NO BAND THIS TIME). IT STARTED ON DAY 2 AND WAS DONE ON DAY 5. MY DOC (EPSTEIN-MIAMI) GAVE ME A DIUERTIC TO TAKE JUST IN CASE THERE WAS SWELLING. I TOOK IT ON DAY 4 AND IT WENT AWAY QUICKLY.

( as i dont want to check in my appartment looking like Frankenstein )

- Is there a cure for the swelling not to occur, or to minimalize this? SEE MY NOTES ON THE LINK BELOW

- Can i drive a car after the HT?

YES - AFTER ANY SEDATION WEARS OFF.

- Will i be able to get the staples removed in his other clinique in Madrid?

- MY DOC DID A SINGLE, NON-DISOLVABLE RUNNING STITCH. MY WIFE WAS ABLE TO CLIP IT (PER HIS INSTRUCTIONS) AND REMOVE IT ON DAY 10 - IT TOOK ABOUT 1/2 HOUR. IF YOUR DOC IS NOT POSSIBLE, I'D ASK ANY LOCAL DOC TO TAKE OUT THE STAPLES - IT'S VERY EASY WITH THE RIGHT TOOL. (USE ANTI-BIOTICS WHEN THIS IS DONE)

BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT DOCTOR. I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU PLAN ON, BUT I'D HATE TO SEE YOU TYPE A NOTE IN THIS COLUMN A MONTH AFTER THE OP, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS DO, AND BE UPSET THAT YOU DIDN'T PUT ENOUGH RESEARCH INTO IT.

Click for - My Pix, and Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling, and healing.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/mentor/mentor_profile.asp?Mentor=Joecifus