How to overcome sever hairloss ?

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering with hair loss since 2 years, after using finax(MFGicon_biggrin.gifr Reddy's) for 7 months my hair fall did not stop, but hair fall rate as been increased in 8th month. Now I have started using Finpecia (MFG:Cipla)(1Mg Finasteride)since 2 weeks, I do not think 2 weeks is not enough to judge for result.I am not sure why my Hair was shedding drastically, if the same continuous I will go bald on front and crown with in 3 months.

Experts, need your advice to overcome this drastic shedding.

Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering with hair loss since 2 years, after using finax(MFGicon_biggrin.gifr Reddy's) for 7 months my hair fall did not stop, but hair fall rate as been increased in 8th month. Now I have started using Finpecia (MFG:Cipla)(1Mg Finasteride)since 2 weeks, I do not think 2 weeks is not enough to judge for result.I am not sure why my Hair was shedding drastically, if the same continuous I will go bald on front and crown with in 3 months.

Experts, need your advice to overcome this drastic shedding.

When I started losing hair, it thinned out at the beginning, but I was able to hold on to much of my hair for another 10 years. After 15 years of diffuse loss I was a good candidate for hair transplant.

If medication doesnt halt your hairloss, you may be a good candidate for HT.

Hair loss is not the end. Good luck.

pradeep, also keep in mind that finasteride can cause an initial shed. Don't stress over it..it can't be helping. Hopefully the fin will work for you and stabilize your hairloss, otherwise you're already getting a headstart in planning for your HT! Try not to panic...there are solutions for hairloss these days! Start with the meds (you should try adding minox), allow atleast 6 months for them to work , and then decide your next step. Though it may seem like it...you won't be bald in 3 months!

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Sounds like your have rapid HL. First 3months with Propecia-- I would recommend also using xtra strength Rogaine as well as the 2 together have greater success.

Make sure your shampoo is mild and doesnt contain ingrediants that might "clog" the pores/follicles.

Finally, look at your diet intake. Make sure you are not eating fried food or saturated fat. Balanced good carb and protein diet with min fat combined with Multi-vitamin and Omega acids.

After 3-4 months if you still don't have a slow down in HL with all of this, then go see a dermatologist to rule out any other issues, then if none-have a consult with HT surgeon (if that is the route you want to go-- plus some surgeons offer other non-surgergy options that include most of what I listed above)

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz daily

Earlier, I used to apply Minoxidal 5%, but I have stopped using it(due to its smell), I will start using minox with fin.

Should I take a head bath every day after applying Minox?

I am taking 2Mg/Day , 1Mg in the morning and 1mg in the Night, will this work?

The shampoo I used for head bath is Protar(I use diluted shampoo), let me know if this causes damage to scalp cells.