My HT Weblog - Dr. Pathomvanich - One Year UPDATE

TomA

I just created a weblog that documents my procedure with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich.

It contains many detailed photos.

I will update it as often as I can.

***UPDATED WITH ONE YEAR PIX***

OK... check out my one year "just for fun" update (Though I did try to include pix that show my head in different positions.)

As you can see, new hair is not the ONLY thing I got in Thailand... icon_wink.gif

As a bonus... you can now see my face! icon_cool.gif

Click HERE to see my blog!

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

I just created a weblog that documents my procedure with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich.

It contains many detailed photos.

I will update it as often as I can.

***UPDATED WITH ONE YEAR PIX***

OK... check out my one year "just for fun" update (Though I did try to include pix that show my head in different positions.)

As you can see, new hair is not the ONLY thing I got in Thailand... icon_wink.gif

As a bonus... you can now see my face! icon_cool.gif

Click HERE to see my blog!

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

TomA,

Immediately post op pictures look nice and clean! Congratulations.

You will definitely have a nice cosmetic improvement as far as coverage is concerned, but don't expect a lot of density this time around.

What are your long term plans? Will you be getting a second one a year or so from now?

Bill

Yeah, I'm thinking at least one more--and that's what I told Dr. Path, so I think they planned for that a bit.

Depending on what this looks like--and assuming that I can only do 3300 again--I might do half in the back and half up front.

I sure wish they could do 4500 on me like they do on some others, but I think he said he took something like 2.2cm and as you can see, that was ear to ear, resulting in only 3300. Since we know he has low transection rates, I doubt I'd get much more.

How much do scalp exercises actually help? I didn't do much at all.

What do you think?

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Tom, are you sure it wasn't 1.2cm wide?

That would be more in line with 3300 grafts.

2.2cm wide and 28-30cm long will yield 5200 (donor density of 80fu's cm/2) to 6600+ grafts (donor density of 100+ fu's cm/2)

If your strip was 30cm long and 1.2cm wide, and you yielded 3300 grafts, that would put your donor density in the 89-92 fu cm/2 range which is very normal density for a white male.

I would have to believe you misunderstood him.

Take Care and Happy Healing!!!!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

You may be right. He did say that my hair density was rather low, though. But if you are right, that would be REALLY low.

I could ask again.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by TomA:

Yeah, I'm thinking at least one more--and that's what I told Dr. Path, so I think they planned for that a bit.

Depending on what this looks like--and assuming that I can only do 3300 again--I might do half in the back and half up front.

How many rows of singles did they place in the hairline? If you go for more in front and the front half cm is already feathered and mostly single wont that create a delimma situation?

Originally posted by Jolly:
Originally posted by TomA:

How many rows of singles did they place in the hairline? If you go for more in front and the front half cm is already feathered and mostly single wont that create a delimma situation?

I don't know. Honestly it sounds like you know more than I do. Basically I want moderately dense in the front and light coverage in the back, which I think is the best I can have.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Jolly,

I think your phrasing of your second question is confusing. Could you rephrase?

Typically doctors use at least a few rows of singles in the front and do go for the feathering effect. 2s, 3s, and 4s,and some left over singles therefore are used behind the hairline and all the way back for more density.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted my three week photos, including high res photos of the donor area.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=368

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Of course you are correct. I copied and pasted someone else's signature and just edited the info. Looks like I forgot something... LOL!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks.

I updated the questions and will document some of my experience.

I also posted 3-week pictures.

I'll post 1 month photos on or around the 18th.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

I know!! I went to post my one month pics and it didn't work. I don't know what's going on. I notified the admins, hopefully we will have an answer soon...

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Tom and everyone,

Tom and I have been in discussion privately, but since you all are looking for his blog...

I am currently looking into the matter and have been in conversation with Pat and our webmaster Hans. Most likely we have identified the problem, however, I am waiting to see if this particular blog can be recovered. Moving forward, this problem should be eliminated.

Worst case scenerio, Tom will have to create a new one. But we are doing our best to recover it.

Thanks for understanding,

Bill

The blog is working again!

Special thanks to Bill and Hans for working hard to get this fixed!!!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Five week post op pics are now available on my hair loss weblog for your viewing enjoyment...

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 months later...

Fourteen week post op pics have been posted.

So these are just over 3 months... WOW! I couldn't be more pleased. I didn't expect ANYTHING at this point, and well, see for yourselves.

Hair is cut (on the sides) with a #5 guard and the scar is ALMOST invisible!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Five month post op pics have been posted.

Everyone is telling me that I look much better at this point--even kids. The difference from the front is HUGE.

The scar cannot be seen anymore at all. In addition, I have had friends look for differences in the pores in the transplanted area vs. the area immediately adjacent to it and they cannot see a difference. I certainly cannot see a difference, but I cannot (obviously) get as close as they can.

I didn't expect much at 5 months, but frankly if this is what things looked like at 10 months, I would STILL be very pleased with the results!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Guest josh - b

tom,

looking good and you still have lots more growth to come.

What sort of density are u expecting. I assume its pretty low as 3300 over such a large area isn't an awful lot.

Will u be planning a second pass?

Also, u should post your latest results in a seperate new thread in the patient photos section and you'll get a much better response.

...and congratulations

I'm not expecting it to be very dense.... and yes I may eventually do a second pass.

I might do a photo album after 10 months, but I'm not ready for that yet... Really, I'm not looking for a response. I'm just posting these to help people that are considering Dr. Path. I know a few people have been following them.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog