Propecia When Mixed With Ibuprofen...?

I'm just wondering if there are any other drugs out there that can hinder Propecia? I've been taking 600 mg of Ibuprofen almost everyday now for the past 3 months or so for my back. And since this coincides with my recent shedding, I was just a little curious. Anyone know of anything out there that can hinder Propecia? Any docs...?

danger

I'm just wondering if there are any other drugs out there that can hinder Propecia? I've been taking 600 mg of Ibuprofen almost everyday now for the past 3 months or so for my back. And since this coincides with my recent shedding, I was just a little curious. Anyone know of anything out there that can hinder Propecia? Any docs...?

danger

I have a similar question, and I would appreciate feedback as well. However, I am still on Propecia, not taking other things other than my normal vitamin routine...and I have been losing seemingly a lot of hair lately (3 weeks or so), and it just seems wierd as I have been on Propecia for a little over one year, and about a month after initially starting Propecia, it seemed as if I literally stopped losing hair. When I showered, combed, etc....there was the normal hair shedding...but nothing extreme like the last three weeks. ANybody with some insight? It has just kind of freaked me out a bit....because I was so used to enjoying the benefits Propecia provided me in the past. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

I haven't done a lot of research on the matter yet but I've heard a few things. Men who take daily vitamins seem to have worse luck with propecia. I've heard that excessive vitamin A does this. However, I have no idea why or if there is any truth to the statement.

I couldn't find any reference to evidence that anti-inflammatory medications are Proscar agonists or antagonists.

Several drugs have been studied for interactions with Proscar. Proscar hasn't specifically been studied for interaction with NSAID's, but there have been no findings to suggest a clinically significant interaction between Proscar and any of the drugs tested thus far.

Also, from the PDR:

"No drug interactions of clinical importance have been identified... PROSCAR was concomitantly used in clinical studies with ...nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...without evidence of clinically significant adverse reactions."

Paul

I am an advocate of Propecia, it works and works well for me.

But..

This may not be related but it seems I have far more muscle aches and/or joint aches. Admitedly I am 40+, but it does seem to be about when I started the medication, which by the way when I stopped temporarily....the muscle aches stopped soon after. Then, Went back on Propecia, the aches came back ??

Yes this is wild, but anyone else experienced anything similiar ?? I dont want to blame everything on Propecia - except my stronger hair !! ?????????

NW

NW. This might sound wild, but I'm not so sure it's impossible. I recently read a couple of articles about increased problems with muscle and joint pain associated with finasteride use. Arthritis might be also be an issue. I don't recall where I read about this, but it was more than one source. I'll see if I can dig any info up. I have some degree of arthritis for many years. Recently, I've been more achey but hadn't connected that to the articles I read. I just thought the usual arthritis ups and downs were at work. But, now that you're raising the question, I wonder if I'd experience some relief if I went off Proscar? OH NO!!!!! What a dilemna that would be. Have you done any searches on the net for arthritis and finasteride?

Paul

I dont know if there is any drug to drug interactions with Naprosen (basically ibrupropen) but that stuff tears up your gut-- thats why you have to take with food, and anything that can tear away the inner lining of your stomach could effect the absorption of Propeacia and the breakdown. I too was on 800mg of Naprosen, but switched to Bextra 20mg for my back and shoulder and for me personally it worked better because it doesnt have the GI problems. If you have insurance, check it out because the price will probably be similiar with your co-pay. If your cash, then Bextra costs a more. Your choice.