Concealer for short hair

No. Most concealers are developed to thicken existing hair and they most all "color" the scalp. If you have enough hair covering the scalp it can look very good and undetectable. I think you'd have a huge shiner if you try to use it on short-cropped hair.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 weeks later...

hairbank is 100% wrong....i shaved my head..let it grow in for about 2 weeks and then applied dermatch...it works beautiful and is 10 times easier to apply that way...u can even blend in a higher hairline if you have some skilled hands...keeping ur hair short and applying concealers looks much more realistic...

I never claim to be 100% right, oh well. I'm curious though..............is your hair thinning at all? You don't have any "shine" on your scalp with the hair so short?

If you'd care to post them I'd love to see the pics. If it works that good maybe I'll shave down and join you. icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

hairbank, come on man do you even have to ask if my hair is thinning...why else would i be on this forum....newayz the technique i described will only work if you do not have a bald patch...you must have at least some diffuse hair. I will be posting picks soon and will write down exactly how to apply the dermmatch to avoid the "shine" you are talking about.

Cool........can't wait to see the pics. I'm sure the method will help many that have wanted to try it on short hair.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Hairbank

I use dematch too and it really works well on my shorter type hair. I don't think it shines but love to see slowly pics.. icon_smile.gif Quick question??

Have u always taken Propecia every other day?? that would seem like a great way to save money if it doesn't compromise results??

thanks

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey JB,

I just started Propecia (I use Proscar and cut into 4ths) after my 2nd HT w/ Dr. Wong but wish I'd started years ago. He recommended taking it every other day because it actively inhibits DHT for 72 hours so daily is really overkill- some will disagree with this. It's really too soon to see results but, at my stage of loss pre-HT I'm using it to keep what's left of my MPB hair- not as much for regrowth.

Glad to hear another poster has had luck using a concealer on short hair. I hope I have enough when my second HT grows in to give it a try! Maybe I'll be fortunate enough after this HT not to need it!! icon_smile.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

Anyone have pics of stubble hair with some Dermmatch in? I'm 2 days post op sporting the ridiculous buzzed top look and will need to shave down the rest before going back to work. By then I will be 2 weeks post op but I'm worried about the see through look on the scalp. I have lots of original hair but it's very fine blonde see through hair compared to the sides. Also worried when the transplant hair sheds it will look like even more of a paint job. I tried the Dermmatch when I had 3-4" hair but it was hard to apply and didn't go so well. Thanks for the advice guys!

I have not tried any cocealers yet, my question is this, if you were on a date and she wanted to touch your hair, what would that be like? is it kind of like gel? I think i would only need a tiny bit, right now i just use gel and that works, but would prefer a bit more thickness.