Dr. in Florida?

Can anyone recommend a doctor in Florida? I see that Dr. Rose in Tampa (my area) has been given a thumbs up on this website, but I haven't found any messages posted by former patients of his. Why has he been recommended? Anyone out there have an experience with Dr. Rose they could share? Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a doctor in Florida? I see that Dr. Rose in Tampa (my area) has been given a thumbs up on this website, but I haven't found any messages posted by former patients of his. Why has he been recommended? Anyone out there have an experience with Dr. Rose they could share? Thanks!

Hello, I've had 6 HT over the last 10 year and have talked and consulted with a dozen or more. I chose Joe Greco,PHD,PAC, of Summit Hair, Clearwater, Florida. Joe and his staff are oustanding and Joe personally answers his email and talks with you on the phone. He Charges $6,000,1500 FU. He reduces that by $500 for expenses. Dr. Rose has a great operation also. Check out GRECO web site. Jeb

I am also one of Joe Greco's happy patients and glad to recommend him. Check around, Joe has an outstanding reputation. Also he is easy to talk to and his prices are fair.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also a patient of Joe Greco in Clearwater. I had my first session 16 month ago and the second session 10 months ago. I am planning a third session in April. I was well pleased with my experience. I would highly recommend Greco.

John

What about Dr Lawrence Shapiro in Florida? Has anyone went to him or know of anyone who has used him for a HT??

I think he has 2 locations in Florida (Delray & Hollywood).

Looking to hear any feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I had 1800+ grafts placed almost a week ago by Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, FL.

After researching the HT procedure in general, including specific surgeons, I consulted with Dr. Charles at the end of January. I told him that my biggest hesitation was due to a phobia about surgery i.e. the sight of blood, etc. Being awake and aware during the procedure was not a selling point for me.

Dr. Charles was extremely sensitive to my squeamishness (at least to my face icon_smile.gif). He promised that the drugs he administered would get me relaxed and groggy, and the local anesthetic would minimize the discomfort. He also assured me that the action would take place behind me, and that I would be spared the sight of my own blood as the procedure was performed.

He never said there would be no discomfort at all, only that he would do his best to minimize it. The entire process was a small fraction of the ordeal I thought it was going to be.

The service he promised (cost, degree of discomfort, length of surgery, recovery stages, etc.) is exactly what was delivered.

It's only been a week since my surgery, so I'll report back if all my grafts fall out or if an extra zero is added to my credit card charge or something like that icon_smile.gif. In my opinion, Dr. Charles appears to be a straightforward and honest person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I just visited Drs. Nusbaum, Epstien, and Bauman to see them all perform surgery and I was very impressed.

I plan on recommending all of them, in addition to Dr. Charles in Boca Raton and Dr. Rose in Tampa on this site soon.

The Miami area, seems to have the highest concentration of excellent hair transplant surgeons than any where else in the world. If you live in Miami you're very very lucky. But you'll have a tough time trying to choose between excellent, excellent, excellent, or excellent.

Frankly, I wish some of them would move north to places like Chicago. I spent 2 days in Chicago visiting clinics and found no one I would recommend, especially with the Shapiro Medical Group not far away.

I'm on my way to Atlanta, GA tomorrow to see Dr. Griffen's surgery and hopefully Dr. Coles as well.

Pat - Publisher of this site.

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 2 months later...

I just had my first transplant done this past week end by Dr Rose. He and his staff were exceptional with their manner and professionalism and put me right at ease through the whole procedure. It's too soon for me to tell if my hair will turn out the way I'm hoping, but so far I'm pleased.

• 1 month later...

I just got back from Florida.

I had 1100 graft hair transplant

with Dr. Rose. So far everything

is going well. It was only done

this past Monday.

He and his staff are excellent and

made the whole day go smoothly.

Dr. Rose is a perfectionist and

spent so much time drawing my hairline.

I had prior work done by Bosley medical.

He is confident that he hide the shoddy

work. He also removed a lot of scar tissue

from the donor site.

The man is a tremendous person and a

excellent doctor.

Be Safe,

John