Surgery with Dr. Charles in Boca Raton

timinfla

Just wanted to give some input on my experience with Dr. Charles so far.

I had my surgery last week and so far so good. He and the staff were very friendly and professional. I was the only patient for HT that day, which I understand is the norm.

I actually have very thick hair everywhere except noticeable thinning and recession of the frontal hairline, particularly around the temples. I'm 34 but the hairline has been this way for years. When I found myself having to style my hair "just right" or else the recession would show then I knew it was time to look into surgery.

After reading about others' experiences I am very thankful to have found Dr. Charles. Honestly, I was extremely close to scheduling a visit with a large chain HT clinic (MHR). After reading some of those stories, I'm glad I didn't.

I'm currently in day 4 post-op. Procedure took about 4-5 hours I believe. A think 1800 grafts were placed. Sorry for being vague, but I don't obsess too much on the details. The hairline looks good so far, underneath the redness and scabbing. Time will tell.

When the hair is growing in nicely I will post some pics. I will also likely create a weblog so others can see the progress.

Just wanted to give some input on my experience with Dr. Charles so far.

I had my surgery last week and so far so good. He and the staff were very friendly and professional. I was the only patient for HT that day, which I understand is the norm.

I actually have very thick hair everywhere except noticeable thinning and recession of the frontal hairline, particularly around the temples. I'm 34 but the hairline has been this way for years. When I found myself having to style my hair "just right" or else the recession would show then I knew it was time to look into surgery.

After reading about others' experiences I am very thankful to have found Dr. Charles. Honestly, I was extremely close to scheduling a visit with a large chain HT clinic (MHR). After reading some of those stories, I'm glad I didn't.

I'm currently in day 4 post-op. Procedure took about 4-5 hours I believe. A think 1800 grafts were placed. Sorry for being vague, but I don't obsess too much on the details. The hairline looks good so far, underneath the redness and scabbing. Time will tell.

When the hair is growing in nicely I will post some pics. I will also likely create a weblog so others can see the progress.

timinfla,

Welcome to our community and congratulations on your recent hair transplant with an excellent hair transplant surgeon

Dr. Charles does some very nice ultra refined work.

I encourage you to share your photos with us by creating a hair loss weblog and/or creating a photo album in the photo section of our community so we can follow your monthly progress.

Heal and grow well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi all. I am new the blog and was just reading different postings. I am curious about the prices? Ive had estimates for hairline restoration ranging from $3600 to $7200. Am I being ripped off? It has been estimated that I only need 600 to 800 grafts? Any recommendations on if I should look outside of my state? I currently reside in Philadelphia. Thanks

ritchie,

Welcome to our community.

Firstly, I recommend that you start your own new thread so that you receive a good number of answers and so we don't hijack timinfla's thread. You can create a new thread by going up above and choosing "New" and then "discussion". I would create this under the "Hair Restoration Questions and Answers" forum.

I and other forum members will be happy to answer any questions you might have when you do this.

Thanks,

Bill

Hey everyone-

I just wanted to add a 1 week post-op pic for everyone to see Dr. Charles' work. As you can see this was restoration of the receded hairline. I am fortunately very thick everywhere else. I have some pre-op pics, but basically everywhere you see the "pink" of healing skin is where I had no hair due the recession. So far my hair is actually growing and hasn't fallen out......so far.......

AUT_0261.JPG.5056e674a15cb4bb032798a14420acf0.JPG

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to leave a final follow-up regarding my results with Dr. Charles. I tried to attach a Word file with my before and afters side by side, but it didn't allow it. Additionally, I'm having trouble uploading more than one attachment. So, following this you will see a number of photo only messages. It should be clear which ones are before and which ones are after.

Overall, I'm very happy with the results. I just needed restoration of the hairline on either side.

If I had to give any advice after doing this, I would say be realistic. I just had a semi-circle of hair on either side of the receding hairline restored, and it gobbled up almost 2000 grafts - many of which were multiple hairs per follicle. In other words, many more than 2000 hairs were grafted.

It showed me that if someone has extensive hairloss, there is no way you can get satisfactory final results without having extensive grafting. This would often require multiple procedures and tens of thousands of dollars. All fine - as long as that's what you know you're in for.

Also, unless you can wear a hat to work, don't think you can hide the redness enough to keep eyes from checking out the work. After the scabs are gone, many may not know that you had hair transplant, but they will know something is happening there. It took months for the redness to fade to the point that no one, such as a barber, or someone standing closely and looking, would notice.

Hope these help. I would recommend Dr. Charles in Boca Raton.

TimAugustHair8.jpg.7de7df0508fd466b863515c36ab6b9e8.jpg

timinfla,

I appreciate you coming back to give everyone an update. Though it's obvious you had a good head of hair before, your hairline is a bit lower and more refined now. I am glad to hear that you are very happy with the way things are coming in so far.

7 months is far from the end however. There may be a bit more growth, but a lot of thickening and maturing over the next 5-10 months.

Keep us posted.

Bill

Your results look nice with more to come. Dr. Charles does excellent work. I would ask Dr. Charles for your surgery data to get exactly how many grafts/hairs. I know he keeps track of all info and it would be helpful to everyone to get as much surg data as possible. Thanks for posting your write up and pics.