Scabs after Hair Transplant

I recently had my HT. I had 2200 FU put on my crown. After the 5th and 6th day, there was severe itch in the area around the transplant. After taking a shower, today being the 7th day, I started using my fingers around the scabs after my shower. The scabs started loosening for most part but I also saw redness and in some areas, I did see a light spec of blood. Looking carefully at the scabs, I saw some hair particles in most of these scabs. I am concerned as I followed the post op instructions to the dot. May be I should have kept my fingers from running wild around these scabs. Should I be concerned that I may have lost some of these grafts for good? Any answers regarding my questions would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had my HT. I had 2200 FU put on my crown. After the 5th and 6th day, there was severe itch in the area around the transplant. After taking a shower, today being the 7th day, I started using my fingers around the scabs after my shower. The scabs started loosening for most part but I also saw redness and in some areas, I did see a light spec of blood. Looking carefully at the scabs, I saw some hair particles in most of these scabs. I am concerned as I followed the post op instructions to the dot. May be I should have kept my fingers from running wild around these scabs. Should I be concerned that I may have lost some of these grafts for good? Any answers regarding my questions would be greatly appreciated.

MyHair.......no worries...mild itching, tingling, some desensitization is normal at this stage. the crusts should be flaking off at 7 days and should be gone within the next two to three days at most...the follicles are in place and would be difficult to harm now..if you did lose a graft you would feel some mild soreness and it would bleed more than a light spec...the hair shafts are often attached to the scabs so it would be normal to see them..expect those hairs to fall out anyway in the next couple weeks...after 2- 4 months the follicle will regenerate new hairs that will keep growing...hang in thereicon_smile.gif

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

I'm at 25 days post-op (1703 grafts FUT on top; Norwood 4a). I have not really scrubbed my scalp vigorously with shampoo yet, but I'm getting more agressive each day icon_wink.gif

Anyhow, I still had a considerable amount of white crusting in the transplanted area.

I phoned my clinic yesterday and was told to apply a bit of bacitracin ointment to the crusting at bedtime and shampoo in the morning.

As promised, the ointment softened the white scabbing and I'm back to normal today.

I'm hearing agressive scrubbing & vitamin E liquid - makes sense.

I'm at 26 days post-op with still a few small patches of white scabbing on my frontal crown.

I remember reading post-op instructions that said do not pick at scabbing. The notes were to spend extended time under a warm water shower to soften the scabs. I've been doing this for 10 days.

Do you all think it is time to just "go for it?"

That is, scrub away all scabbing during my next shampoo?