My experiance with Dr Madhu Pathuri.

shines

Shines, I am still not sure what you're upset about. Is it about hairline density, design, or does this have something to do with discounts?

Based on the pictures that you have posted, it seems you have quite a dense hairline from the first HT. From the pics that you posted from your 2nd HT, it seems that Dr Madhu has put in quite a few additional grafts in your hairline. I don't know why you want even more grafts in the hairline. Too many grafts in the hairline will give you a fake appearance. People from miles away will be able to tell that you had a HT if you do an overkill with the hairline.

If you go through my posts on this forum, you'll see that I have a balanced view. When doctors get optimal results, I applaud it, but when they get sub-optimal outcomes, I criticize it. In your case, I don't see anything in the pictures that point to potential sub-optimal outcomes. The graft placements look fine, and it's wayyyy too early to talk about results. I believe you can make comments about results only after 8 months, or even later.

Why don't we hold off on any premature judgments on the results, till after the 8-month mark? How does that sound?

Good luck!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest Gump,

I didnt like his quality of work & even we cant judge the quality of work by looking at the pictures.

As you said " Why don't we hold off on any premature judgments on the results, till after the 8-month mark?

so I am suggesting to my friends " Why don't postphone your HT with him for few months ? "

I will post my pictures every 15 days . If my HT really gives me good results I will also encourage him in the same forum along with you.

How does that sound?" I dont wanna post again on this topic if you want any info or help please PM me.

Shines,

There are several patients on this forum very satisfied with their results from Dr. Madhu. If your expectations are realistic, I suspect you will be happy with your results too.

I understand that you are concerned, but I think it's under premature pretenses. Given all the excellent reviews, quality results, and positive information we've collected about him over the last several months, I disagree with him. Again, if we are not seeing what you're seeing, take better photos and present them.

Bill

Originally posted by shines:

Forrest Gump,

I didnt like his quality of work & even we cant judge the quality of work by looking at the pictures.

As you said " Why don't we hold off on any premature judgments on the results, till after the 8-month mark?

so I am suggesting to my friends " Why don't postphone your HT with him for few months ? "

I will post my pictures every 15 days . If my HT really gives me good results I will also encourage him in the same forum along with you.

How does that sound?" I dont wanna post again on this topic if you want any info or help please PM me.

Shines, I have had 2 HT surgeries (both in North America) and I am NOT looking for any more HT surgeries. So there is no question of me postponing anything related to HT. I was trying to give you a pep talk so that you get a positive perspective regarding your HT and feel better overall. If you choose to remain down and upset about your HT, it's your call, and I couldn't care less about it.

• 4 weeks later...

So Shines came to this forum, posted some early, premature pics, said Dr. Madhu did not give him a satisfactory HT and finally decided he will not post on this forum anymore. So this thread will remain unresolved I guess. Sucks!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if there are any patients here who have results to show from Dr. Madhu's in Rajahmundry.

I am just curious because I understand one of his junior doctors does the HTs there, at a reduced cost. Just wanted to see if they are any good, may be as good as him.

Hello Subbu & drmstx,

thanx for the reply.

My email Address is skumarfaith@gmail.com

The reason why I want to do it in rajahmundry is the less expenditure. I need to HT which is affordable for me. As far as I understood it is Dr. Krishnapriya(Dr.Madhu's sister) who is doing the sugery there at RJY.Infat Dr.Madhu was doing the surgery there since 2004-2008. I am planing to HT by march 2nd.Please provide me your suggestions at my email address

sarath

Hi Subbu and Big allan,

Thanks. You both have raised very valid question

regarding sharing my pictures on the web !

I didn't give any authority to Mr madhu to post my pictures

on the web, but he posted in this forum . Even i have raised

the same concern to Bill . Please see his reply below

<<<<<Reply from Bill>>>>>

Shines,

It is up to the physician to obtain the

necessary permission he/she needs before posting.

We don't get into that. We do ask however,

that if a patient give their doctor the necessary

permission they need to share their side of the

story which includes photos.

What is your problem with Dr. Madhu posting your pictures?

Thanks - kiran

Shines/Kiran

Looks like a mistake has been made by posting your pics with your face exposed without your consent. But it also looks like those posts/pics have been deleted. I agree it is wrong to post pics without your consent but the mistake has been rectified by Dr. Madhu now.

Shines,

It's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't want your face shown on a public forum. However, if you want to continue to discuss your experience, you have to be willing to allow Dr. Madhu to share his side of the story and any necessary photos showing your surgery and/or progress.

That said, as long as you agree to the above, I do hope you'll update us on your progress as you get closer to seeing your final result.

I wish you all the best,

Bill

Bill

i agree that Dr Madhu has to show necessary photos of surgery to share his side of story .but it can be done by masking his face.

During my consultation with Dr Madhu he told me that he cannot give me the references of his old patients because he respect their privacy. I understood his values and i respect him for being such a gentleman.

It is not fair to expose a patients face in an open forum with out prior permission .it will make people to hesitate sharing their experiences in this forum.

As drmstx has said it looks like a mistake has been made by posting his pics with face exposed.

• 5 months later...

@Bill

With huge respect to u and and your kind effort , i cant stop me saying 2 things.....

1. This forum is a shield for protecting thousand of hair -loss sufferers from the butchers (not all,but many) called hair Transplant surgeon.....If if some controversial thread appears.....u should let them flow.....no greater truth has ever emerged without controversy......a good doctors will always get the recommendation....so no ones reputation is at stake even if some fake patient criticize them.. .(suppose i say Dr Wong is not that good...will anybody believe me????????)

2. Secondly , as mentioned "Lot of satisfied Dr Madhu patients are here".......I am still searching few of them after 1 yr result ......

Thanks.....I have high hope from this forum.

Edited by dip_alone

Hi guys, i was following this thread until it died a premature death in feb and no one knows the ending to this saga. I was hoping those involved, like Shines, to clarify the conclusion. Be it good or bad, at least it can serve as some advice for potential patients

dip alone, i underestand that healthy controversy is needed in forums such as these so that we are not only exposed to good results all the time, but also the faults of the surgeons if any

However, Bill is correct in his stand. At a few days post op, its still so so early to determine if the op is successful and for the patient to start blasting the surgeon, i thought its unfair :) However, at the one year mark, if the patient can show a valid example of bad results, i am sure Bill would have looked into the issue. We have to be fair to both parties IMHO :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

dip_alone,

I've done nothing to stop the flow of this thread. It was the patient's choice whether or not he wanted to ahere to the policies of this forum and provide his physician with the necessary permission to share his side of the story. Simply put, patients are welcome to share their experiences and photos, good or bad but they have to be willing to let their physician share their side of the story. It's only fair.

Yes, this forum helps to provide information and support to hair loss sufferers worldwide. But we also believe in providing a fair playing field for patients and physicians. For more information on how we handle patient disputes, visit, "Maintaining a Fair and Safe Environment on our Forum for Patient and Physicians".

Best wishes,

Bill

Well said bill, thats why i always say this is by far the most fair hair loss forum and your inclusion of doctors not just from the States have helped lots of Asians like us.

Continue with the good work sir!

Anyway i am really curious how it panned out for Shines... however i believe he should be doing well as somehow i feel, if he is not doing well, he would have blasted his cannons again :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

wb280,

thats why i always say this is by far the most fair hair loss forum

I agree with your statement. I work for this site because I believe it is the best of its kind. I've always felt that the members here are thoughtful and have a genuine desire to help and support fellow hair loss sufferers. I also think that Bill does a tremendous job of keeping the discussions fair and unbiased. I hope to help maintain that same level of service.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David, i am not saying this for the sake of saying but i have been on multiple hair loss websites for the last couple years and one thing i feel is there is no hidden agenda here. I am not demeaning other sites but i thought i have seen cover ups etc and cases of non-transparency. Moreover, some of them only promote American and European doctors and Asians are left in the lurch. Not good.

Hi WB280,

<<<<<Anyway i am really curious how it panned out for Shines... however i believe he should be doing well as somehow i feel, if he is not doing well, he would have blasted his cannons again :) >>>>>

I posted new thread because I am not at all happy with the results. I will post my pictures in few days please stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed almost 9 months , Just see the results in the crown area.

I see lot of pimples in the crown area ( Marked them in blue colour in another picture ).

Bill : Please comment on the pictures.

09082010143.jpg.2a72ac70a44744d045113ffb8607fec8.jpg

8months_ht1.JPG.65e85eecb4e6bb1a65559fec06c2c0c9.JPG