UK work exposed !

Personally, I cant understand why anyone would risk it with Farjo. This particular clinic has been getting complaints and questioning recently on all of the major hair loss boards regarding poor results. You have a finite source of donor hair and scalp laxity, why roll the dice? Go to a top doc in the US or Canada.

Bill

I posted about this forum on HLH cause I find it sad what is going on here.

I understand that Farjo may have some decent results but I feel its besides the point.

When I stated researching many years ago this was the No 1 site cause you could trust the advice given here.

Its apparent that this industry is full of hacks, butchers and cheats and thats why we come here, to forums like this one. If this forum is going to be respected you have to be tougher on who you recommend. If we cant trust you, then who are we going to trust?

Like it or not, your position as moderator puts you in a situation where prospective patients puts a lot of trust in what you say. If there are any uncertainties about clinics or unhappy patients, that should be disclosed, not hidden or censored.

And although you still recommend the top docs like hasson etc, I think its a bit wrong to also recommend Farjo and other not as proven clinics, at least as if they were in the same league. If this is not your intention then perhaps make that more clear.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Originally posted by chucky:

hi john in nc

the headline basically tells it like it is.you will find most uk posters will not recomend a uk ht dr because there are numerous posters with bad results and very few satisfied patients.

there is no cherry picking,farjo is recomended on here and a lot of people disagree that they are up there with the best and it was Bill who linked them to this post unintentionally .

also you miss the point as it is one of your top docs as in amercan who posted the thread originally and i dont think he intended to disrespect anyone,just showed some very poor work.

when doing your research would you even look at the uk for a ht.if you look on shln you can find a vast amount of bad hts from various drs/clinics in the uk.

now if mhr or bosley start promoting themselves in the uk on forums would you not want to put your opinion across.

i`m not having a go at you or anyone else but as a recomended dr they have a duty to reply.

thanks

the fact that 90-95% of the uk posters on here are fellers disciples,and the uk makes a up a good majority of his work(i think he said at least a dozen a month)is the reason farjo is getting this backlash.basically by farjo getting in the coalition he has scared the shit out of certain people.this is so plain for me to see.

those pics are heartbreaking but have not been linked to farjo,but the spex/feller scare machine has turned him into a guilty man.ok now repairguy may have a genuine gripe with his surgery(still cant understand why he waits till now to vent his spleen)but dr feller has said to me himself he has had his fair share of dissapointing results.i was only reading yesterday on shln about badhairuk, his scar has stretched and he lost 30% of the hair transplanted by dr feller,do i now post his story under U.S.EXPOSED!no of course not because i respect fellers work and sometimes shit happens!

and while we are on the subject of shln i said last week i thought it was aggressive,well add to that spiteful and ugly.what pb said about Bill yesterday is a fucking disgace,how low attacking a mans beliefs and faith?what is his problem?i dont think he is all there,it sounds like jealousy as he has a failed forum.(btw envy is a sin)chucky you are never going to expand your forums popularity with clowns like pb orchestrating nearly every thing that is mentioned on there.

im begining to get bored with this bolox now, farjo is on the coalition because he met with the criteria and pat saw his work in person,get used to it!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I just wanted to add that we all should understand that although a physician is being recommended or is in the Coalition is not a statement that they are on par with all others in the Coalition. I don't believe that is the intention of Pat or Bill unless I am wrong. In saying that however, I do believe that for many that read this forum it might be interpreted that way. In any profession there will always be those that stand above the rest. Just a fact.

I think that the reality of everything is that there is a large percentage of us that either can't/won't travel and Pat is trying to find physicians worldwide that he feels comfortable with recommending to someone in that postition. Therefore they have to meet certain criteria for him to give approval. Again, that does not mean that he is stating that they are all equal.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

balody i was wondering how long it would take you to reply.in my opinion you are linked to the farjo clinic,not just as a patient.

dr feller and spex have never commented on this topic and i dont think dr feller will be paping his pants over competition from dr farjo.if uk guys weren`t filling up his days i`m sure he would have a full workload with guys from the US.

yes i agree these pictures have not been linked to farjo but what about slaphead07.slaphead who? you say.yes the guy who had a really bad experience with farjo,posted his concerns ,got no reply from DR farjo or offer of help and had his post closed /deleted.now dr farjo has posted on here before so why doesn`t he come on here and prove everyone wrong (easy)

now bhuk,if you take the time and read his story you will see his scalp was ruined by a uk dr and he went to dr feller for repair,he was well aware of the risks,but overall considering what happened to him in the past,his results are great so far and he is very happy.you say shit happens,yes maybe it does but it should only happen where there are complications as in bhuk .

you slag shln off but go their to read it(contradiction in itself)are you longpig on there,i think you may be.

pb and Bill have their agenda and they can sort it out between themselves,i personally like both of them.

now pb does not orchestrate everything on shln,if he posts people dont have to reply and can start their own topics.

also why the swearing,are you or the farjos feeling under pressure to answer some straight forward questions,as for getting used to it,well this is a public forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion so i suggest you get used to it.

why has dr farjo not posted rgs pictures to prove him wrong as farjos are a medical practice and should keep records,are they iso registered.

now i have answered your quastions its about time mine are answered

thankyou

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

hi nn

if you read pats evaluation he clearly state that the farjos are on pare with leading clinics in north america.

to me this is saying you will get the same result with farjos as you would with the top docs i north america.forgive me if i`m wrong but i personally dont think this to be the case

i went to shln on your recommendation remember?and found it to be an absolute eyeopener.it kind of reminds me of one of them terrorist training camps in afgahnastan.

slaphead, i certainly remember, he was the first of many who jumped on me when i first joined here,he soon got slapped down himself by pat,for lying if i remember rightly.

as to if i work for farjo,i work for no-one as i was made redundant 2 weeks ago.why do you think i am wasting so much time on my pc.?

as for "if i am longpig"you sound as if you are becoming as suspicious as me.i have no idea who he is but he sounds like a stand up fellow.i might even look him up on your excellent site icon_biggrin.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

hi balody i`m really bin laden and choose to post on hairloss forums, as you put it waste so much of my time on my pc.

why didn`t farjo respond to the slapheads post,if you dont work for them -mick,dr farjo a reply would be nice.

how can longpig sound like a stand up fellow if you`ve never heard of him.

i did say have a look at shln and you did and said it was basically crap,so why go back??

also thanks spex for clearing the bhuk bit up,

this is what you call good pictures and a positive response from a dr or their representative,so once again a reply from the farjo clinic much appreciated.

i forgot to mention balody do you not think dr farjo or mick should be involved on this topic to defend/respond to the questions being asked rather than have you do it all alone

thankyou spex.

chucky,i have no idea why they havent responded to this thread,maybe because they dont have to, it is not connected to the farjo clinic is it? it is about apparent bad ht,s in the uk.the fact that they are being baited into becoming involved is why i am defending them.

lets take a step back and look at this,dr feller decides to show some bad uk scar pics on another forum days after rg(a patient of his) said dr feller would back him up on this one with all the proof about the farjos poor work.

obviously they(the pics) end up on here via a feller patient,then another feller patient joins in(aswll as others)and we are back to farjo as if the photos are something to do with him.

as to why they have not responded to rg in particular?again i dont know,maybe they have directly.who knows,he himself hasnt been on since his little rant.

as for longpig being a stand up chap,if he is simular to me it goes without saying icon_razz.gif

but seriously i am bored with this now,its my little girls 5th birthday and we are doing a lot this weekend. so i am finished on this topic and my pc is going off,otherwise ill end up divorced aswell as unemployed!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

thanks for the reply but as i stated before it was Bill who unintentionally linked the farjos to this post.

now Bill has agreed with dr feller a scar should not be close to the ear as rgs is but this may not of been common knowledge 3 years ago.

for rg not posting,Bill stated not to post unless he has proof/photos of his previous work.

since he hasn`t i for one am waiting for a reply from a coalition dr with the appropriate photos to clear this matter up.its only a click and push of a button to post photos

i dont know if that picture is rg but it does look like it.

as for a little rant ,anyone who feels they`ve had a bad ht are usually depressed with their situation and to have their hopes shattered,well that takes no explaining.

as for you making out its like feller patients against farjo,i am not a feller patient,i will be one day as i have done years of research and i`m happy with my chosen path unless i wake up one morning and my baldy crown has grown back(i wish).

i will refresh this thread personally for mick or dr farjo if their is no reply from them.

anyway have a great birthday for your little girl and stay married

I think it is PAINFULLLY obvious that the majority of the work performed in the UK is dreadful.

By no means do I dismiss any of these HORRIFIC experiences and on so many levels I am mortified that this type of work still goes on today.

It's sickening and it must be stopped.

I applaud Dr. Feller for pointing out the obvious horrific mistakes made by the UK and for being a light in the darkness for these hair transplant patients.

Clearly he has given them a new hope! I am thankful that sites like ours, Hair Loss Help, Stop Hair Loss Now, Hair Loss Talk, and others exist to direct seeking patients to elite hair restoration clinics who have saved them from the horror of bad scarring and unnatural hair transplants. Despite what some people believe, I have great respect for the other hair loss forums because I believe we all work together with a common purpose in mind - better hair restoration solutions for everyone!

The Farjo clinic also clearly has a lot to prove before they gain the respect that I feel they deserve. It is clear from the past that they have not performed up to par - pictures all over the net reveal this.

But our admittance of them into recommendation and recently the Coalition reveals that we believe that they now stand apart from the sub-par clinics in the UK that this post is referring to.

In my opinion, the Farjo clinic gives new hope to UK members seeking hair transplantation.

Pat and I both believe that the problem lies not in their ability to perform a quality hair transplant but in providing clear evidence of this online.

Pat and I have both encouraged Mick and the Farjos to step it up by showing more of their high quality work online for members to see. In the ideal world of course, we hope to see not only them participate but their patients as well so that a new line of information is born giving UK patients additional options for quality hair transplantation. I trust we will see the quality of their work in time and it will restore the faith of the online community. But we understand that this will take time and we don't expect anyone to believe blindly.

Though I can't and will not sit here and say all Coalition doctors are 100% equal, we do believe that the Coalition physicians are in an elite group of hair transplant surgeons that have taken their abilty and quality of work to a much higher level than those in the majority of the world. This is why I consider them the "best of the best". We do not add physicians into the Coalition with haste, but only after we are convinced that they have met our high level of membership standards.

BUT...are there coalition physician members that jump out more than others? Certainly! There is no doubt about that. I would NEVER take the crown away from the few in the pack who have proven themselves consistently online for years in our community. I hope this further explanation of the Coalition makes sense to everyone.

I am a patient just like all of you! Why do you think I chose the doctors I did? Certainly I selected from the recommended and Coalition physicians of this website for all 3 doctors - but the more I learned and understood, the more I went to see the hair transplant physicians who really impressed me in the online community! Trust me...I understand how important these online forums are.

It is clearly up to the hair transplant clinics how much they choose to be involved online - but I do hope to see our recommended and Coaltion physicians step up their online game so they can get the recognition they deserve. This includes the Farjo Clinic.

Until that time however, I DO understand why the majority of you are skeptical of various recommended and coalition doctors. I trust that in time however, that the hidden lights will shine brightly in our community.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks for that reply Bill,i trust yourself and pat are pushing these clinics for the relevent info and now it will have to be a waiting game for their responses

any dr who cant produce this info should not be recomended in my opinion

thanks again

i think you have helped clarify a few things here Bill which i personally thank you for. i think it is safe to say no 2 doctors are the same and their work here needs to be dissected by the patients in order to make them work harder at achieving better results time and time again. i hope farjo start to provide better results and show that they are worthy of some of the comments made about them. i personally think they could have done themselves a great deal of good by actually coming onto this and the other topic to show willing instead of leaving it up to you.they should definately still come on and show the work that has been asked for.i think chucky makes a very good point.

i am also troubled by certain posters who are like dogs with bones on here and i don't think they represent their clinics well at all. the badhairuk poster comparison was just weak and i am glad spex exposed the attempt for what is was. i think that poster actually does more harm than good so not helping farjos corner.

it should be results that do the talking and nothing else.

Bill, does a peer review take place before any new surgeons are admitted to the coalition?

If the existing Coalition Surgeons were required to endorse any new membership it would add significant credibility to the appointment. Obviously the other entry criteria would be a pre-requisite with the peer review a final stamp of approval.

Further, this likely would avoid any of the current debate over new memberships.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

guy, guys...what is happening here..where is common sense. all countries have good & bad docs. i have been reading this long post and pls forgive me if i have skipped some of them. i was totally against HT for many years, thought it was all a non-sense & waste of money from the "pluggy" days.

anyway to keep things into perspective, i have recently had a HT from the Farjo's Dr's. I also spoke with a few people from this forum, balody being one of them. i was completely satisfied with the whole experience so far at Farjos. i have been hearing that UK doc cannot do mega sessions..well i had a apprx 3500 grafts and boy , was i impressed on the the results - see weblog. i know it is very early for me to comment but i promise to keep u all posted especially for all the anti-uk members ( i think u know who u are :-) )

incase someone askS, i am not linked or work for Farjo..very suspicious people out there ;-)

Gazza,

Patient provided feedback is a key component of admitting physicians into the Coalition as well as continuing their membership.

Anytime Pat is considering admitting a physician into the Coalition, he posts a request for patient forum member feedback in the Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeons Review section.

The Hair Transplant Network Website Newsletter (subscribe here) and the Hair Transplant Network Forum Newsletter (as long as you have selected that you want to receive occasional email from administrators in your personal zone, you will receive this) broadcast the potential invitation giving our community members ample time to include their input before making a final decision.

The final decision is ultimately made by Pat, our Publisher however, patient provided feedback is considered highly before making a decision.

We have also never hesitated to suspend a physician's membership based on patient provided feedback. See the information surrounding the recent suspension of Dr. Martinick from our network by clicking here.

Of course, we also recognize that no hair transplant physician bats a 1000 - but a high degree of demonstrated positive consistency is vital to continue a physician's membership.

This is why this forum community is vital! Our shared pictures and experiences from a hair transplant patient's point of view ultimately determines who does quality hair transplant work and who doesn't. We only recommend those who we believe have proven themselves to meet our membership standards.

FallenStar,

As a recent hair transplant patient of Dr. Farjos receiving 3500 grafts, I'm sure many will be following your progress with great interest.

Bill

hi Bill been on the drink all night,bit worse for ware but could you confirm bwhich feedback from patients (names )was considered when recomending the farjo clinic

ta marrow

Gazza brought up a great point. What about a peer review. If fellow members have to vote in a new member it might give a little further credibility.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I think many of you out there are missing the point of the Coalition and are perhaps attacking it out of context.

The point of the Coalition is to provide a selective but transparent body for physicians who are confident enough to have their work scrutinized very closely by the lay public, informed consumers, and other professionals.

These physicians VOLUNTEER to put themselves into this vulnerable position because they are ready to STEP UP. Those who invite Pat into their offices to see procedures in the flesh are the most confident and worthy of all. Do you know that most doctors wouldn't let Pat anywhere near their surgery? Most wouldn't even want their patients to post their photos on this or any other forum.

Being a Coalition doctor does not mean that doctor is the best in the world. No one ever made that claim. It also doesn't mean that each doctor in the Coalition are equal in terms of skill level and experience. But it DOES mean that if you go to a Coalition accepted doctor that your chances of your HT procedure being grossly mishandled is orders of magnitude LESS than if you went to a non-Coalition doctor.

The Coalition is exactly what it's name implies: it is a group of independent physicians who are willing to strive for excellence in HT to counterbalance the often poor work of the large chains and part-time HT docs. It isn't Coalition doc against Coalition doc, it's US against the BAD docs. When the battle turns inward, as it has on this thread, the credibility of the good guys diminishes.

The Coalition is one of only two organizations that has successfully attempted to separate the good guys from the bad guys. I happen to think as far as the Coalition is concerned Pat understands enough of what he's seeing in a clinic to know if the work being performed is acceptable or not. When he was in my clinic a few months ago I was studying him as he studied us. What I learned is that he absolutely knows what he's looking at and he knew to ask the right questions at the right time.

I don't think some of you guys give Pat enough credit in this particular thread. If you think he made a mistake in his selection process, then he is willing and capable of fixing it. He only recently suspended a doctor for poor work, and this was not the first time he has done so. For my part, if Pat thinks a doc should be recommended for membership, then I would be hard pressed to disagree.

We Coalition docs are still competitors and as such we will keep pushing ourselves ever upward. Pat's Coalition represents a high level of competency and excellence, but it isn't the ONLY bar. We Coalition docs have to continue to provide YOU with excellent photos and patient reports because in the end it is NOT Pat who picks the doctor for your transplant, it is YOU. The competition doesn't end when you become a Coalition member, it is just the beginning- and you can be sure that Bill will read every post and scrutinize every photo we and our patients post to make sure that we are continually providing excellence. You as potential patients can use those photos and patient stories as you always have to come to your conclusions about a doctor's skill, experience, and expertise. This doesn't change just because two doctors happen to be Coalition members. Personally, I've always enjoyed competition as it keeps me sharp and forces me to improve.

The Coalition and one other body are the only organizations that truly attempt to separate the bad docs from the good. And the public should thank their lucky stars these two organizations exist, because if they didn't HT would still be in the dark ages. And while there might still be several clinics who strive for excellence, no one would know who they were because they could never compete with the large chain advertising campaigns or the ubiquity of part-time sub-par HT doctors.

excellent post dr feller. thats what this topic needed. i very much look forward to meeting you in london in january to discuss my case as the more i read from you the more impressed i am.

hope you still find the time to view my email.

Dr. Feller,

Thank you for posting a well thought out further explanation of the intention of the Coalition. The Coalition physicians are not infallable however, they indeed separate an elite group of surgeons striving for excellence from the others by performing state of the art hair transplantation with the latest up to date techniques.

We will only admit those into the Coalition who have achieved a higher level of excellence based on our membership standards.

Bill

thanks for the detailed reply dr feller,it makes a lot of sense.

the only concern i have is when a clinic/dr is going to be recomended they would/should have been producing great results consistently for years,therefor should have hundreds of patient results to back this up and that is why i personally still have a quesion mark on this topic when a clinic/dr/representative does not respond to a direct question from forum members.after all its us members who make the forum.

once again a reply is needed to clarify this and shut me up.i will leave this topic alone now and await photos

thanks