Taking the plundge - Dr. Rosanelli.

First time post here. I'm 43 and been thinning since my college years. Tired of wearing ballcaps and hearing the same old hair jokes in the office. I figured it's finally time to take the plunge.

Has anyone here heard anything about Dr Rosanelli (Rosanelli Medical Associates) in San Francisco? I was considering Bosley until I read all the negitive stuff here about their outfit.

Does anyone know who's the best in the SF Bay Area?

• Administrators

Bradman,

Welcome to our community. We can all relate to the long slow loss of our hair and youth. But as you know, if you choose wisely you can restore your hair, if not your youth.

A couple of months ago I was visiting clinics in the San Fran area and I did observe Dr. Rosanelli's surgery ( view the full highlights here). Overall I was impressed with his work and his large and experienced staff.

I did invite him to present photos of his results on this community so that he could be considered for recommendation. But his before and after photos failed to sufficiently impress the members of this community to garner formal recommendation.

I think his office is not up to speed in photographing and documenting their patients. Bill and I have encouraged them to buy a professional camera and lighting so that they can take decent documentation of their cases, including immediate post ops, which they have not been doing. I hope that they do get up to speed and provide compelling photos that are on pare with what we all see every day on this forum.

My sense is that Dr. Rosanelli is out of the online loop and does not see the quality of photos that are posted online and that we are all accustomed to. Thus while his work may be impressive, his documentation is weak.

It's a shame since we really are prescreening physicians for their surgical skill not photographic skill. But the members of this community deserve to see compelling results before granting formal approval.

I hope that he moves forwarded into the digital online age and starts taking and presenting compelling photos online.

We shall see.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat - Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like his work impressed you, but obviously his photos didn't. As they say, a pictures worth...I have a consultation with him scheduled on 06/25/08 and I'm wondering if I should keep it or do a little more research.

It's funny, when I seen the Bosley commercials, they make the whole procedure look so simple. In and out like seeing the dentist. That's marketing for you.

Based on my assessment, I'd say I'm around a 5A. My biggest concern of course is the cost and how many grafts it's going to take.

• Administrators

Bradman,

By all means keep your consult and go in with wide eyes and see it all for yourself. He has a photobook that you can view that has impressive results. It's just that the photos tend to be the traditional front view before and afters. The online patient community tends to want to see multiple angles and immediate post op photos.

Keep us posted. Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Bradman,

I did have a procedure with Dr. Rosanelli, and I am happy with the results. I know I need another procedure on the hairline, and I would most likely go back to Rosanelli, but I did have a consultation with Dr. Rassman & Dr. Pak at NHI in San Jose, and I am also considering them. I have seen pictures from someone else who had hairline work at NHI, and there were quite a few doubles in the hairline, so I am hesitant, although I think they are very knowledgeable. I would at least meet with NHI in San jose as well. Let me know how things turn out.

do as many consults as possible--in person and online. also, do not let travel be a factor. if doctor feller was not in my backyard i would have traveled to him for an ht. in fact, all of my other top considerations would have required travel out of state and country.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com