You'll hear for and against on this but I wouldn't order the meds online. If you can get a prescription for them, you can go to any discount pharmacy and get generic Proscar for around $70 for a 4-month, daily supply.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

mopar,

Why would you want to order medicine online anyway? Why not get your medicine from a trusted source. Though I'm an advocate of online shopping, I personally think buying medicine online is dangerous. You simply don't know what you are getting. My opinion, get a prescription from a doctor and get it from a pharmacy.

Bill

Newbie here and just want to share my experience on this.

I've read many, many threads on Propecia vs Proscar vs generic Finasteride. After looking into my insurance coverage for prescription drugs, I found that for 30 pills, my co-pay for Proscar is around $30. However, for generic 5 mg Finasteride, I only have to pay $5, so for me, the price delta between the two is actually 6X. In other words, I can get 90 pills, or one whole year supply of generic Finasteride for just $15, you just can't beat that!!!

Fortunately, my HT doctor didn't have any problem writing me a prescription for generic 5 mg Finasteride. In fact, he wrote me a whole year's worth at a dosage of 1 pill per day, which means I can get a 30-pill refill every month for a total of 360 pills (4 year supply) out of that single prescription! Unfortunately, I was told by his assistant that Finasteride only has a shelf life of about a year, so it wouldn't do me any good sitting on a pile of cheap Finasteride that I can't finish in one year. So I guess I can just go in for a refill every 4 months or so for $5.

I have attached a photo of a 30-pill, generic 5 mg Finasteride bottle from local CVS pharmacy. As you can see, the white pill is perfectly cylindrical, so very easy to slice it with my $4.99 Walgreens pill cutter.

I do have one question for you veterans though. Apparently you guys don't recommend buying medicine online. But what about minoxidil? The cheapest generic 5% minoxidil topical solution I found in local CVS or Walgreens pharmacy stores costs about $40 for 3-month supply, over $13 a bottle. But looking online, this website for example http://www.minoxidildirect.com, it's selling the same thing for ~ $6.75 per bottle, price just seems irresistible. So should I also be concerned that they may be selling fake minoxidil? Amazon.com also sells very cheap minoxidil, though the price is slightly higher than this site. Would it be a more reputable place to buy, since it's a well-known online store?

finasteride.jpg.293e7bbbabea0711cfea77d48577a0d3.jpg

The majority of the issues I've read about when it comes to ordering meds online is with Finasteride tablets and the consistency of the meds you receive from an off-brand manufacturer. It's just safer to get it from a licensed pharmacist who is under scrutiny for delivering quality meds versus someone overseas where you have no idea what you've bought. I probably wouldn't be as concerned with Minox but I suppose the same issue exists.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

thank you all for your advice the reason i was asking for online drugstores is beacuse i have no healtcare coverage so i cant afford a non covered prescription or evan an office visit thank you all for you help