Picture History - Dhuge (6 months post op)

dhuge67

Here are my 6-month pics as well as ones from along the way.

6 months: DSC00066.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

5 months:

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

3.5 months:

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

Post op:

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

Pre-Ht:

preht.jpg

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Here are my 6-month pics as well as ones from along the way.

6 months: DSC00066.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

5 months:

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

3.5 months:

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

Post op:

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

Pre-Ht:

preht.jpg

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

No comments...hmm.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

dhuge67 honestly,i dont see any big diference! i dont see any big changes on your sides! (first pic)

im having HT in 2 days in same area (front,sides) and i really hope it will make huge difference in 6 months!

do you see any regrowth?

Without flash - how's that grab ya?

grabya.jpg

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

You are at 6 months so you could have a lot of growth left to come. I think it looks thin like maybe 15cm2. I think Hairline placemnet is good, but poor density. You mentioned going to consult with Feller, anything ever come of that? Are you satisified with your HT? And now that you have gone through all of this what have you learned, what message would you tell a new person thinking about getting a HT?

The outcome is yet to be determined, so I will not comment yet. I will consult with Feller later, after a year post op, and he actually had to cancel our appointment for some reason.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi dhuge67,

We'll judging from your postop pics it looks like you should still be expecting growth on your hairline. I know that a lot of people here have had most of their growth between 6-8 months so I would wait a couple of months before deciding on your HT results.

Do you know what density you got on your hairline, judging by your post op pics im guessing around 40cm2 but Its hard to tell because of the scabbing.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by JakeVig:

Hi dhuge67,

We'll judging from your postop pics it looks like you should still be expecting growth on your hairline. I know that a lot of people here have had most of their growth between 6-8 months so I would wait a couple of months before deciding on your HT results.

Do you know what density you got on your hairline, judging by your post op pics im guessing around 40cm2 but Its hard to tell because of the scabbing.

I would say more like 25 cm2, but I'm not positive. I'm thinking I'll need a "micro session" to fill in the proper density.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi dhuge,

I have to agree with Troy in saying that you have good hairline placement but poor density. I've gotten fairly good at estimating density from post op pictures and I think you received around 20 cm/2. I have yet to see anyone who is satisfied with the density that 20 per cm/2 offers. Knowing that, the next question is, what density would make you happy? Having received 30 per myself, I think 30 per is a bare minimum. I find my thoughts swaying from "well this looks pretty good and I could live with it" to "I'd really like about 15 to 20 more per cm". Don't expect a lot of density increase after 6 months. You'll get a little, but I think you have the general idea of what your density is at this point.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi All

It is absolutely impossible to make an assessment at 6 months.It is unfair to the patient or doc. That's like judging a boxing match at 6 rounds ( you'd lose a lot of money) 1 year is the point where the judge and jury should make their verdict. I've even heard it can take longer than 1 year for total results.I feel differently than Gorpy as from 6 -12 months is when I have seen a increase in density in my last HT (7 months into the 2nd). An increase in the diameter of the hair shaft, and later hair growht from shockloss will give you a much fuller, denser look.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

After my 1st procedure, I saw best results at around 8 months. Now I don't know if that means I was a slow bloomer or since the procedure was done on crown and crown seems to be coming in slow. Just hang in there for another couple of months.

KG

You could be right Mrjb. I don't mean to sound like the pessimist. But from my own experience and others I've seen, many times it doesn't get a whole lot better after 6 months. What I mean is, you will see some improvement, but it will not be dramatic. Most of the hair has sprouted by 6 months (excluding the crown) so you know the spacing of the hair. Knowing the spacing between grafts (1mm, 2mm etc) gives good insight into the future look. Look at Bill's pictures (sorry Bill). By 6 months, you basically could tell what his final result would look like.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Gorpy

hi gorpy!

so you received 25 gr. per cm?

she told me (dr.keene) same thing (for sides) im not sure it will match my existing hair cuz its more dense then 25cm,i think.

did you have any shockloss of your natural hair after procedure?

thanx

I received 30 per cm/2. It is definitely not as thick as my sides, but at 30 per cm2 it does blend in quite well. Getting as thick a transplant as our sides would take HUGE amounts of grafts (like 60, 70 or more per cm2). So that is really unrealistic. I suppose the key is to get a level of density that gives the "illusion" of density and blends in well with existing hair. My point to Dhuge is that I don't think he got an adequate level of density to accomplish that.

I had shock loss, but I think most of it grew back. It's kind of hard to tell since it all grows back together with the new grafts.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

I agree with you there, and I also think my Doctor does too, as he told me at my follow up visit (which I had early but I went because I was in town so it made sense to see him then - at about 5.5 months) that I would probably need a micro session to boost the density in the hairline to where it should be.

NOW - here are my thoughts....

1) I will definitely wait til 12-14 months before any surgery happens again.

2) I'm not sure if I should do surgery again for a while, as to preserve grafts, elasticity -- due to the fact that I am young and I have more balding to come.

3) If I do get surgery, I'll probably do it the way I should have done it the first time, dense-packing with a coalition or top-rated, ultra refined practicing doc.

I could have avoided this need for a micro session if I had gone dense-packing to start with, however, I may have also avoided shock-loss because of the less densely-packed first procedure.

Either way, I'm glad I didn't experience shock loss and I still have pending results from Propecia to look forward to.

I'm still positive about this...

Also, with dermmatch put in, it really looks dense in the hairline...I could always get away with that as I prolong surgery.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by troy:

I think thats a great plan. your hair does look amazing with dermatch.

Yeah, some of those au naturel, current pics were taken with my hair still not totally dried and the flash is extreme which whites out some finer, growing hairs.

Dermmatch really works for me, somehow.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Good Post

Good points as well. Funny, people never dicuss the fact that a conservative approach to HT's ( maybe 1500-2000 grafts per procedure) allows for further hairloss and the correct adjustments. Everyone always talks about MEGA this and MEGA that.. What happens when yuo get 5000 ht's and then you lose much more with future loss. A limited donor supply would leave you kicking yourself and a incompleted hair style??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I see alot of success stories on this forum about the mega-mega sessions. There has to be some patients who had a super-mega and did not get the results they had hoped for. There has to be a few. From what I have read there are some downsides to very large procedures. In my case I did 2,400 and some repairs and I don't think my scalp could have handled, let's say a session of 4,400. I will go back in about 6 months for a second session. That will be a year to allow my head to recover fully. Also, as has been noted by Pat previously, it would be helful if we noted hair count along with graft count.

Okay, 6 months post-op today. I'm having some shedding, I think it is...oddly enough. Maybe just more hair loss, I don't know. It's itchy up there and some stuff is falling - not huge numbers but definitely more than usual. I'm using Nizoral 1%, daily Propecia, and MSM...I wonder what's going on?

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I am in the same boat, (six months yesterday) and am seeing quite a bit more shedding. I swear I went several months with almost no shedding. Some of the hair looks fairly healthly (not DHT thin stuff) and some looks very thin. I think I am getting back to normal shedding. I am not sure.

wesley949 , yes the downsides are longer scar and more potential of scar stretching. dhuge67 and hrthr, I had the same thing happen to me I had a major shed!! at 6 months not sure what the heck that was all about. I talked to Matt at shapiro and its possible that hair sycronises itself and has a shed, then all grows in togather in a normal cycle. I hope this is what took place. I felt the same as you dh, Im on propecia so not sure what to think, other than it sucked!! I just posted 8 month post op pics you can comepare my pics and see not much change from 4-8 month