Scalp Tightness

I had a HT on the 20th December 2006 and the skin around the donor area to date feels very tight. Could someone tell me if this is what should be expected and how long approx does it take to return to normal ?

I had a HT on the 20th December 2006 and the skin around the donor area to date feels very tight. Could someone tell me if this is what should be expected and how long approx does it take to return to normal ?

johnno,

Expect tightness for some time...since my last surgery was more more invasive with the number of grafts extracted, my tightness lasted longer. I'm not nearly as tight as I was, but I know I don't have as much laxity as I used to. Things never really return back to "normal" depending on how you define it...but after several months of healing, the feeling of tightness should be gone.

Bill

Yes, tightness was very normal in my case. As a matter of fact, I'm nearing the 6 month mark and there are some instances where I still feel the incision scar if I press firmly against my head. Although, if I remember correctly, my doctor told me the skin on my squash was pretty darned tight prior to the surgery.