What is the safe level of DHT

Hi Frns,

From my research i found that DHT has lot more to do in your body.

DHT also plays a crucial role in both sex drive and the growth of muscle tissue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

These are nitric oxide (NO) and cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). Both of these result in relaxation of smooth muscle that controls blood vessels within the penis. This results in increased blood flow within the penis and both of these chemicals are positively influenced by testosterone. That is, without sufficient testosterone, there will not be enough NO and cGMP to create an erection. It turns out that DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the principle regulator of these chemicals and DHT is manufactured in the body from testosterone.

http://www.mastersmensclinic.com/male_sexual_function.htm

I wonder what is causing Baldness?? Is it

presence of lot more DHT in your body (OR) Follicles dont have strengths to stay against DHT.

Is there any research done on difference of DHT levels in poeple with baldness and with out?

If excess of DHT is causing baldness then how to find the saffest level of DHT? If we can bale to find this level then instead of blocking whole DHT in our body i think we can reduce DHT level to saffest.

Hi Frns,

From my research i found that DHT has lot more to do in your body.

DHT also plays a crucial role in both sex drive and the growth of muscle tissue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

These are nitric oxide (NO) and cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). Both of these result in relaxation of smooth muscle that controls blood vessels within the penis. This results in increased blood flow within the penis and both of these chemicals are positively influenced by testosterone. That is, without sufficient testosterone, there will not be enough NO and cGMP to create an erection. It turns out that DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the principle regulator of these chemicals and DHT is manufactured in the body from testosterone.

http://www.mastersmensclinic.com/male_sexual_function.htm

I wonder what is causing Baldness?? Is it

presence of lot more DHT in your body (OR) Follicles dont have strengths to stay against DHT.

Is there any research done on difference of DHT levels in poeple with baldness and with out?

If excess of DHT is causing baldness then how to find the saffest level of DHT? If we can bale to find this level then instead of blocking whole DHT in our body i think we can reduce DHT level to saffest.

My DHT is low, and I'd be bald as an eagle if not for my previous transplant. I started taking a replacement therapy 8 months ago or so, and can tell a difference.

I had a beautiful, serious girlfriend back in the day until I was 24. After we broke up (and my thinning started to become more noticeable) I noticed my erection wasn't as good as previously, and a general decline in the normal desire for sex over the next 10 years.

While I love my wife, and she's great looking as well; I felt a little weird that all my buddies would complain of getting "it" from their wives of 5 or 10 years only three or four times a week. Truthfully, I was sorta satisfied with once a week.

When I started taking a cholesterol drug, I told my doctor it had decreased my sex drive. He checked the T level and confirmed it was low.

Today I'm going to a new doctor, as I think my other guy was a prescription writing machine.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

My dht levels are at 80 ng /dL with a mon wed fri dose Reference range is 40??“575 ng /dL.

Its low but not totally destroyed . Its the perfect range for me . The loss has halted and the sides are gone . On an every day dose they were around 60 and I had sides and couldnt build strengh and was really tired . I know its not a big change in numbers but maybe the everyday dose was wrong for me for unknown reasons