Rogaine Post Op

Mark H

Some doctors recommend using Rogaine, and now most particularly the Rogaine foam, shortly after an HT procedure with the goal of encouraging a quicker crop of hair.

There is no evidence, which is to say there are no studies one way or the other with respect to using Rogaine post op to shorten the telogen (resting) phase.

However, there has been recent research indicating that shortening the telogen phase is at least part of what Rogaine is doing.

So in a nutshell, it is quite possible that even if you don't wish to take Rogaine long term, it may be beneficial in jump starting your HT growth.

Some doctors recommend using Rogaine, and now most particularly the Rogaine foam, shortly after an HT procedure with the goal of encouraging a quicker crop of hair.

There is no evidence, which is to say there are no studies one way or the other with respect to using Rogaine post op to shorten the telogen (resting) phase.

However, there has been recent research indicating that shortening the telogen phase is at least part of what Rogaine is doing.

So in a nutshell, it is quite possible that even if you don't wish to take Rogaine long term, it may be beneficial in jump starting your HT growth.

• 1 year later...

My doc, Paul Rose, has recently published a paper about rogaine after transplant. i think the conclusion was something along the lines of: the merits of the minox are outweighed by the deleterious effects of the alcohol in the mixture -- at least for the first week or so.

--

2200 fu's from Dr Paul Rose

propecia

My Hair Loss WebLog