Is dermatch a shoe polish

Franky speaking i dont see any difference between Dermatch and a shoe polish....I am balding on the crown and it kind of works for me. But as soon as i pass my fingers over it, my fingers become dark...How do you guys use it when you go on dates....I think it is just colour...so what is the difference between dermatch and shoe polish....i was going through Nanogoens website...and atleast they have some ingrdients that thicken your hair...i dont think dermatch has anything like that...Please guys, i need some suggestions as i wont be having surgery for some time...i want to see how medecines can help me first as i am a diffused hair thinner.

Lara,

As long as dermatch is wet, running your fingers through your hair is not a good idea as it will bleed onto your hands. After application, either let your hair dry naturally or blow dry it on a cool setting. Personally, I just would sit in front of my fan for a few minutes and let it dry. Then I would brush my hair again and style as I would like.

I never really took to dermatch like many others did. Many have great success with it, but I felt it looked a bit unnatural on me. Perhaps I didn't master the art of application.

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill..Eventhough i dry out the stuff,,still my fingers become black...so i guess i need something else when i go on a date.. Are you using any of the concealers..What do you think about Toppik or Nanogen..Any recommendations.

Originally posted by lara:

Thanks for your reply Bill..Eventhough i dry out the stuff,,still my fingers become black...so i guess i need something else when i go on a date.. Are you using any of the concealers..What do you think about Toppik or Nanogen..Any recommendations.

Under the search function above, if you type in Dermmatch you'll find some true success stories - as well as amazing pictures. From what I understand, it takes some practice to get it right.

Perhaps you are using too much, or it's too wet. I've been using it for two weeks and haven't had that problem. I've had other problems such as a reddish tint, unnatural feeling, etc. but not that one.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thanks for your reply Dewayne. i have no doubt that it works for me...it really helps on my crown area...but looking at the ingredients is does not look like it has any of the special ingredients like the Keratin protein fibres on toppik or Nanogen....So what is the difference between dermatch and shoe polish

Originally posted by lara:

Thanks for your reply Dewayne. i have no doubt that it works for me...it really helps on my crown area...but looking at the ingredients is does not look like it has any of the special ingredients like the Keratin protein fibres on toppik or Nanogen....So what is the difference between dermatch and shoe polish

I guess the main difference is it will wash out with shampoo..... icon_smile.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dematch is not like shoe polish that would be couvre. Yuo must spray some hairspray after you apply dermatch. Shake your hair a little after to remove excess product..

You shouldnt have too much comming off but then again,that's concealer for you. It certainly is the best out of all of them

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Lara

I have not used Dermatch but do use Toppik and Nanogen on my thinning crown with excellent results.You are right that they thicken the hair shaft as they are electrically charged or whatever and this makes it hold on the hair and not much will drop to the scalp.

Unfortunately if you run your fingers through it,it will rub off like you mention with Dermatch.As Jobi says apply some hairspray to provide a coating over the top which will help protect if it rains etc.

If you do get lucky on a date ,try not to let them run their fingers through your hair and dont lay your head on their nice clean pillows.

Hope this helps.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result