Shout out to the 2-monthers!

badger_01

Just wanted to give a shout-out to all the 2 monthers out there! I know what you're going through!

This is pretty much the worst part of the process. I've lost most of the new grafts and shockloss has claimed some of my native hair...making it very depressing to look into a mirror icon_frown.gif . But thanks to this site and the folks who've gone down this road before, I know the I'm a third of the way to some meaningful growth...heck...santa will be bringing me some grown out follicles for christmas icon_wink.gif. Hang in there all you 2-monthers!

check my blog for pics.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Just wanted to give a shout-out to all the 2 monthers out there! I know what you're going through!

This is pretty much the worst part of the process. I've lost most of the new grafts and shockloss has claimed some of my native hair...making it very depressing to look into a mirror icon_frown.gif . But thanks to this site and the folks who've gone down this road before, I know the I'm a third of the way to some meaningful growth...heck...santa will be bringing me some grown out follicles for christmas icon_wink.gif. Hang in there all you 2-monthers!

check my blog for pics.

- badger

LOL I'm in my 5th week and its not a pretty sight. icon_smile.gif

Hopefully we can look back on this and laugh when we have our new hair!!!!

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Guys I hate to say it but I would say the 3 month mark was the worst for me, and possibly even the 4 month mark. I believe the ugly duckling stage last for a good few months... Its only because for me month 3-4 I still had a "messed" up hair cut buzzed in the front and decent length in the rear. Honestly at 5 months I had and explosion of hair so I forgot quickly about the ugly duckling stage. The best part is taking pictures and monitoring your progress so you don't take your growth for granted. I had some serious growth at 3 months, but I just took my early bloom for granted. Be patient and like many have said try try to stay out of the mirror. You guys picked excellent surgeons so not to worry, good luck.

You only live once...

I hear you, man. I started noticeing a gradual improvement at month four and now I look considerably better at five. Hang in there.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

argh...theres more icon_biggrin.gif...just kidding..i hear you guys..from everything i've read you can't expect to look "normal" until month 5-6.

Arrie, just curious why you didnt cut the back hair that was longer? I buzz the sides and back every week so that it looks about the same length as the top.

- badger

Badger I had the same hair cut for years because of the receding/thinning hairline, so I guess I just got stuck in a mind frame that I would never look good in any other haircut. Little did I know once I evened out the length and had some growth it looked great. The first time I went out with a new haircut in months was on a first date with a hot girl.... Talk about nervous. Hang in there badger you'll be happier than a pig in you know what.

You only live once...