hair transplant advice needed

PLease find the situation of my hair in the attached file. I am from India. I want to get my hair transplanted. I have heard that surgeons are not that great in India. If there are, let me know. Can anybody suggest me to which country (nearest) should I go to get my hair transplant. And what would be the expenses? And how best can my hair look after the transplant and how long would it take?

Annavaram

annavaram,

Do a find search on this forum for more information. Otherwise you would likely need to travel and the best physicians are still here in the US and Canada although they are showing some good work in Austrailia and now some in Europe. Search for Coalition physicians on this site and find a doc that would fit your needs.

By the way, the picture you posted wasn't coming up when I tried a couple of times. Make sure you spend plenty of time researching this procedure as it is vital that you see a top doctor. Good luck.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Annavaram,

Unfortunately at this time, we do not recommend any quality hair transplant physicians directly India, though we are certainly looking.

Whereas it's more convenient to go to a local doctor, many hair loss sufferers travel across the globe to visit one of our world class hair restoration physicians.

You can also search our website for a recommended hair transplant physician in your area by clicking here.

By the way...your picture isn't showing up. You may want to try uploading again icon_smile.gif

Best Regards,

Bill

Annavarum,

It looks like you have a lot of thinning all over and there would be a lot of realestate to cover. It would take quite a larger session to give you a good benefit. I am going to state that you would likely want 3500FU for starters and see how satisfied you are with that. Some people are cool with creating a nice hairline and some density and leaving the crown a little thinner or bald. Remember that the majority of people including yourself see just the frontal region.

If that didn't satisfy you and you are the type wanting full coverage, it would likely take 5000+ Fu in your case to give a decent look and coverage.

All that being said, your hairloss pattern looks the type that would respond to medications because it is thinner but you still have hair present everywhere. I have no studies to proove my statement but just an observation of mine. Have you tried Rogaine or propecia? It might help you but keep in mind that they do have potential side effects so consider those in your decision.

It is going to cost you $2 or less per FU (sometimes as low as $1)if you find a good physician in India. A doctor in North America is going to be in the range of $3-4 per graft average. Either way it will take you at least a year to see full benefits of a HT.

Good luck.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NervousNelly,

what u have seen is the frontal view. But when it comes to the middle, it'a all gone. And if I assume everything would be gone in less than 6 months. Are there any other options than the USA. Europe or Asia? I am not sure if I can convince the USA consular officer that my sole purpose of visiting the US is for HT. They can very easily reject my VISA. If anybody has info about Europe, please let me know.

IMG_1188.jpg.3048d9d48f6a99eb19daec6b538c672f.jpg

Annavaram,

I won't mix words--you're pretty bald, but I think that it is possible for you to keep or enhance some of your existing hair with meds. Again, remember there are possible side effects.

Yes there are other options than just USA and Canada. Do a search on this site using the find button. Try India, Thailand, Belgium. This will get you on your way. Be warry though as you don't want to get stuck with a lousy doctor. Try to send a PM to the member Jagdish and he may be able to help you out.

Take care,

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I hope the members of this forum have seen the photos of my hair. Can anybody tell me (approximately) as to how many grafts I need to have some decent look to my hair. And how many sittings I have to undergo. Anybody has any inputs on Dr. Dhami or Dr. Venkat Mysore or Dr. Sandeep Sattur. They all are mentioned in the privileged list.

Annavaram,

In my opinion you may not be the best candidate for HT. I may have missed your age here but how old are you? You are NW6 heading for NW7 maybe. That would take an enourmous amount of donor grafts to have a good result. Do your research on check pics of patients or doctors websites who have a similar amount of baldness, NW 6-7.

There is hope if your donor is denser and the texture is better than the pics show, I can't tell, only a doctor can. It is very important to see an ethical doctor in your case - one who will be straight with you about your situation.

I wish I could be more positive but I try and face the facts.

The meds work better on younger guys who are starting to thin. You may have waited to long to start them, again, not sure of your age though.

Proceed with caution my friend, we are here to help.

NoBuzz

NoBuzz,

I am 32. I understand that I am heading towards NW7 in a matter of time. Are there any medications that would at least prevent hair fall? For me, if anybody looks me standing in front of me and find that I am not bald, that would be great. I harldy cared about my appearance when I was losing hair from the center. I hardly noticed it. But now when the haifall has started in the front and I see myself as bald in the front, that has started to worry me. If at all I get a HT how many grafts do I require?

NoBuzz,

I am 32. I understand that I am heading towards NW7 in a matter of time. Are there any medications that would at least prevent hair fall? For me, if anybody looks me standing in front of me and find that I am not bald, that would be great. I harldy cared about my appearance when I was losing hair from the center

Annavarum,

You could try taking Minoxidol, Finasteride, or Dutasteride to help keep some hair. Be cautious of side effects though. Not worth it just for hair. You could also try Nizoral shampoo, MSM, or vitamin A.

When I looked over your photos again, what NoBuzz told you is pretty accurate. If however all you are concerned about is the frontal area my previous mention of 3500fu is probably going to satisfy you.

Do not go with any of the docs that you mentioned in other post. Have you taken my advise yet and tried to send a private message to member Jagdish? Do that.

Take care.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 3 weeks later...

Nervousnelly and others,

Is there any reason why a HT surgeon would not reveal the number of grafts he is going to plant during the HT process. I believe that is what every HT surgeon does. He/She would look at the bald area and tell how many grafts would be required, the # of sittings and grafts he/she would plant in each sitting. If a HT surgeon refuses to divulge these details, can we make any assumptions regarding that HT surgeon?

Annavaram,

It would be impossible for any hair transplant surgeon to give an exact number of grafts that can be extracted in a single or even multiple sessions until after the donor strip has been removed and follicles extracted and counted. But an approximate number of grafts needed and an approximate number of donor grafts available should be able to be given to you at the time of the in person consultation. I would be skeptical however, if this information was witheld.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill,

I have lingering question which I wanted to ask, but kept forgetting. I see every member on the forum talk about the # of grafts. Do the surgeons really count the # of grafts they are planting? I mean is it physically and humanly possible to count each hair while removing or planting? Do they really count? Because as a patient I would not count my hair.

Annavaram,

Travel my friend for the best results that will last you a life time. Do your research, and while doing that, save your money to travel to get the best quality work done. There some decent clinics over seas, but in the states we are blessed (we take that for granted) to having the best HT docs in the world. Please research and travel... Good luck

You only live once...