Saw Palmetto

I have read about this stuff for some time and, while browsing through my health food shop the other day, decided to buy some.

A couple of questions.

I don't take any meds at present, but I have read about the shedding process that happens when starting on the traditional meds or 'blockers'.

Can I expect any shedding with Saw Palmetto? I read how Saw Palmetto works on the Prostate, and vaguely remember that the blockers ( Pro' Fin' etc)may work in a similar way, and were actually discovered 'accidently'.

So, what can I expect with Saw Palmetto?

The only other substance that I take is MSM, which I realise is a tonic rather than a saver.

I have read about this stuff for some time and, while browsing through my health food shop the other day, decided to buy some.

A couple of questions.

I don't take any meds at present, but I have read about the shedding process that happens when starting on the traditional meds or 'blockers'.

Can I expect any shedding with Saw Palmetto? I read how Saw Palmetto works on the Prostate, and vaguely remember that the blockers ( Pro' Fin' etc)may work in a similar way, and were actually discovered 'accidently'.

So, what can I expect with Saw Palmetto?

The only other substance that I take is MSM, which I realise is a tonic rather than a saver.

Saw Palmetto has NEVER been proven to help combat hair loss in any way. That being said, it has never been disproven either. There are no conclusive studies that I have seen that shows that Saw Palmetto has any affect on MPB.

Also, MSM only serves to basically speed the growth of hair and nails. Some may see slight hair shaft thickening, but that is about it. I would not say that MSM is a very useful supplement to take to combat hairloss. However, it seems to be effective at helping transplanted hair grow faster - that is why it has gained such popularity.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey guys,

sinse we're talking about MSM, i was wondering where you buy it from, I suspect health stores supply it? Also, is it a powder or liquid or what??

Thanks Smoothy. I'll have to add the Zinc and B6.

Paris Caine, from my experience MSM definitely speeds up growth of hair and nails. I actually take it as a preventative measure for sports injuries as much as a hair tonic.