Topical Dutasteride

It seems that there's a lot of crazy topical cocktails that people sell these days, many of them containing high concentrations of minoxidil. If you search online you can even find people who claim to have made an effective minoxidil shampoo, making the application much easier and practical. But what really got me is the claim of making an effective dutasteride topical solution that crosses the scalp membrane.

So finasteride only blocks type 2 alpha reductase or whatever its called and dutasteride blocks both. I read on a forum post or something that the scalp doesn't really contain type 2 alpha reductase but does contain type 1 alpha reductase. I think it is also common knowledge within this forum that dutasteride and finasteride can be absorbed through the skin, hence the warning labels discouraging contact with a female and crushed tablets. So in theory would topical dutasteride give results while significantly reducing possible side effects?

lipoxidil.com is where they sell these things, the price tags are pretty hefty...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the web site and they seem to have interesting products based on sound research. I did not see the Dutasteride solution product but as always it would be nice to hear from reliable sources as to effectiveness of such products.

Cousin would have had a fun time looking into this, let's hope we get him back in here some day.

Hey, I looked at this website too, thanx Matt for a different source. To HK500, these were the dutasteride topicals mentioned in on the page. Hope this helps

lipoxidil.com

Pure liposomal 0.15 % Dutasteride lotion 50 ml

Dutasteride / Spironolactone Combi Lotion 50 ml

MGF with Dutasteride und Flutamide 50 ml

~Michael

Any evidence or studies to suggest that this works? I've never heard of it but that sure doesn't mean anything. If anyone has further information on the subject I'd love to take a look.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.