About when does the pinkness disappear from the scar?

vocor1

This is a question for HT vets and I'm just trying to get some feedback.

I'm 7 weeks post op and the donor site is still pink. That's fine, but I'm just curious as to when the pinkness disappears and only white (or whatever your skin color is) remains. I know that will be the eventual, final result of the donor area, but like I said I'm just curious when you noticed the pinkness gone.

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems like the consensus on regrowth is that 6 weeks is the start of regrowth with month 3-4 showing the most significant regrowth and cosmetic improvement. Most hair regrown by month 6 but some regrowth still occurring until about month 12. So what's the consensus on the donor scar healing is what I'm trying to derive.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

This is a question for HT vets and I'm just trying to get some feedback.

I'm 7 weeks post op and the donor site is still pink. That's fine, but I'm just curious as to when the pinkness disappears and only white (or whatever your skin color is) remains. I know that will be the eventual, final result of the donor area, but like I said I'm just curious when you noticed the pinkness gone.

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems like the consensus on regrowth is that 6 weeks is the start of regrowth with month 3-4 showing the most significant regrowth and cosmetic improvement. Most hair regrown by month 6 but some regrowth still occurring until about month 12. So what's the consensus on the donor scar healing is what I'm trying to derive.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I passed the 3 month mark on the 8th, and I still have, at times, some pink on the recipient area, but it HAS been getting less and less. I find that it's most 'normal' in the morning, then, after the shower, it's nice and pink again (and tends to stay at least somewhat pink throughout the day). Every time I apply a little Emu Oil, though, it fades no matter what time of day it is.

You may think Emu Oil is, well, 'oily', but it sinks right in and does not leave an oily surface (unless you use to much).

In any event, I too am looking forward to it just getting back to it's normal hue asap.

Tell you what though, my grafts are REALLY starting to come in, now. Front, back, all over. Still very wispy (most of them - some not), but definately starting to show! icon_smile.gif